PDA

View Full Version : eprom zeroed out

mdj
12-06-2012, 06:13 AM
got the burn2 today,downloaded driver and operating from moates and tunerpro.got a 305 chip to read just to see how it worked.loaded bin in tunerpro and all numbers were zero.Any ideas?this was a good chip ,notch toward handle and far end from handle on the burn2.

dave w
12-06-2012, 06:22 AM
got the burn2 today,downloaded driver and operating from moates and tunerpro.got a 305 chip to read just to see how it worked.loaded bin in tunerpro and all numbers were zero.Any ideas?this was a good chip ,notch toward handle and far end from handle on the burn2.

I'm wondering, was this a 2732a 24 pin chip?

dave w

mdj
12-06-2012, 06:36 AM
I cant find the crossover number but that is what I think the chip is and thats what I ran it under on the burn2(32500 ab8815b)that is the chip numbers.by the way is there a trick to getting the chip out of the plastic holder.I was able to dig it out but bent the legs slightly.

dave w
12-06-2012, 07:12 AM
Its not easy to explain the trick to getting the chip out of the holder. I push the downward, the same direction when installing the chip, then flex the holder side wall outward. I usually hear a series of clicking sound as the chip pins POP OUT of the holder. The pins POP OUT slightly higher than the holder. Then I gently poke the chip the rest of the way out of the holder using something with a small diameter.

I think when a chip is read with a Burn2, there is a message saying what size the file was that was just read. Maybe try verifying chip with buffer after reading the chip?

dave w

brianko
12-06-2012, 08:02 AM
Be careful, the plastic carriers get brittle with age and will snap apart without warning if you flex them too much! (You can find them on ebay for about $10 a pop if that happens.). Like dave w said...I usually work the 3-pin group side with a small flatblade screwdriver from the top side...I pry gently outward between chip and plastic and work one side down. Once you get one side to pop out of the notches, the other side quickly follows. (Sometimes you have to help a stubborn pin on the pin side of the carrier if it jams in its slot.) Once you do it you'll figure out what works for you.

Did you scroll down in the editor to see if there was any data? Sometimes the starting position is offset from 0000.

EagleMark
12-06-2012, 08:39 AM
Lay the chip with holder on the bench, push chip down, squeeze sides in gently to bend pins in and use finger nail to pull black holder sides away from pins while letting chip up, pins should be out of there slots. Turn over and push chip out.

In TunerPro, Tools, Hardware Utilities, Moates Prom I/O. Choose 2732a (Read Only). Look at Chip Addressing, Start 000000 End 000FFF. Buffer start 000000 End 000FFF. Make sure they all stayed the same. Read Chip, Verify Chip w/Buffer, if OK Save Buffer to file and give it a name.

JeepsAndGuns
12-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Yea its usally so much of a PITA to get them out, I have tanken and saved all the pins and carrier from a 7747, and installed them into a DIP socket. Now I can simply install the chip and holder into the socket and read from there, no need to remove the chip.

Mark beat me to it, I was gonna say the same thing. Every time I have read a chip, I have had to select the chip, and usally check or change the addressing for it to read right.
When I was a noob, I was reading a 7747 chip with the wrong addressing, and I was reading and saving a much larger file that what the bin actually was. So when I loaded it up, half of it was all 0's.