PDA

View Full Version : Monodax

EagleMark
12-02-2012, 07:10 AM
The Monodax website was down for forum update about a week ago and never came up, now the website is suspended?
http://www.monodax.com/

Monodax was the data logging software for TunerCat OBDII but stop updates because of new CAN issue I beleive? But the forum was full of good cal files and information.

If anyone knows who is in charge there have them contact me if they would like to save the data base? We have room here.

brianko
12-02-2012, 09:24 PM
TunerCat sold their OBD2 operations to Jet some years ago. They will still offering support for current customers, but not selling new software. I'll see if I can track them down...

1project2many
12-04-2012, 01:42 AM
Monodax is not Tunercat. It's software that uses the TC cable to provide scan data for some GM vehicles.

brianko
12-04-2012, 06:06 AM
I realize that. But there are active TC forums on the Monodax site.

EagleMark
12-04-2012, 06:26 AM
It was the only place I know of that had any TunerCat OBDII conversation... but still gone... :rolleye:

I wish I would have saved more. There is room here for the database in it's entirety as a new forum!

brianko
12-04-2012, 06:43 AM
Lyndon Wester might know; I've asked him to check into it. He's the only person outside JET that is still selling the OBD2 TC software and providing updates.

EagleMark
12-04-2012, 07:06 AM
You can still buy TunerCat OBDII with a RoadRunner from Moates.

brianko
12-04-2012, 07:09 AM
Interesting...but licensed only for the '411 PCM?

EagleMark
12-04-2012, 07:23 AM
Nope.

http://www.moates.net/shop-by-vehicle/gm-obd2-1996-present/tunercat-rtobd2.html

1project2many
12-04-2012, 10:12 PM
I believe Lyndon was selling scan software that was a customized version of Monodax but if that happened it was for a very short time. Last time I checked he had another package with a custom front end. The guys behind Monodax were very present on the Pacific Performance Forum at one point so I'd poke around there.
http://www.pacificp.com/forum/index.php

Heck with it. Call them directly.
Monodax Development Inc (http://www.manta.com/c/mrympf4/monodax-development-inc)
2151 Hopkins Mill Lane
Duluth, GA 30096-4552
Phone:(678) 421-6671

EagleMark
12-04-2012, 10:59 PM
Westers Garage ECM Pro is ScanXL Pro both with enhanced GM PIDS. ScanXL Pro is excellent and $100 or so cheaper...

EagleMark
12-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Heck with it. Call them directly.
Monodax Development Inc (http://www.manta.com/c/mrympf4/monodax-development-inc)
2151 Hopkins Mill Lane
Duluth, GA 30096-4552
Phone:(678) 421-6671Phone is disconnected...

brianko
12-04-2012, 11:48 PM
I believe Lyndon was selling scan software that was a customized version of Monodax but if that happened it was for a very short time.

His stuff is TunerCat-based now.

1project2many
12-04-2012, 11:51 PM
Try (678) 421-0652
Ask for James Brinson

EagleMark
12-05-2012, 01:04 AM
Try (678) 421-0652
Ask for James Brinson

Disconnected also...

cmaje72
12-10-2012, 06:44 PM
This is a bummer...I downloaded every 411 binary I could find on the forum and I can't find the usb stick I saved them to.

EagleMark
12-10-2012, 09:06 PM
Well if you find them we have a place for them.

EagleMark
12-25-2012, 02:17 AM
Well the website is back, but the forum is still down for maintenance 12-12 and back 12-13 ...

brianko
12-25-2012, 03:12 AM
If the forums come back we need to make a concerted effort to save the binaries this time...

BTW, that reminds me: If you have time, can you generate a filelisting of your bin archives? I don't know what OS you run under, but if it's some flavor of Linux I can tell you how to do that. I'd like to compare it to the list hosted on the diy-efi ftp site and make sure both of us have the same binaries. I have a bunch personally that I need to send your way as well as put in the diy-efi site...

EagleMark
12-25-2012, 03:57 AM
We have the entire DIY-EFI bin library, the entire Moates bin library and all the others we have all collected. Then only a small portion are picked from them all in the info threads.

The server here is Unix.

Whatever can be done to keep/save/add to collection I'm all for including OBDII! Someday it may be illegal to have these online, some recent attempts at Internet regulation would have achieved that. When it happens everyone will get a zipped DVD of them all for personal use!
:rockon:

RobertISaar
12-25-2012, 04:11 AM
the Moates fileserver used to(might still?) have a BUNCH of OBD2 stuff..... but i have no idea what any of them were intended for. there's no neat tools to decode the "OSID" into something usable like the Tunercat tool does for OBD1 BCCs.

EagleMark
12-25-2012, 04:45 AM
We have all the Moates OBDII files but have not worked on titles for them yet, they are just numbers. Also have at least 100 more. Some .cal, .tun and .bin

1project2many
12-25-2012, 06:07 PM
I've posted a link to the Delco TechConnect site that allows you to look up cals by VIN. This site also allows a person with an off board programming adapter to check and update a vehicle's calibration to the latest available. The tools are available to the public in some fashion.

Since an OBDII calibration is a "package" of several cals, (trans, engine, OS, etc) if we start hosting OBDII cals it would be best to have a way to (1) identify a particluar cal with a specific engine/trans/etc, (2) determine which is the latest of each cal for a given pcm, and (3) bundle those cals together to make a complete calibration for a vehicle. This would reduce a bunch of redundancy I see happening today. Of course I'm so far out of the loop when it comes to what's happening on other forums and with other software that this might already be addressed.

S10LS
01-01-2013, 11:17 PM
Hi, maybe someone could send a link to this thread to pacifip forums. The people who are in the know will probably see it there, and may help. There was tons of bin files there for GM obd2 for many different cars and trucks. If you had a special request for a bin someone usually had it and posted it up. Much better than tune file depot. I am an efilive user but enjoyed that forum greatly. Would be great if we can get that forum in its entirerty here.

EagleMark
01-01-2013, 11:42 PM
I've never participated much there so maybe someone who has can post a link?

Here's is the TIS Cal lookup:
http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web

1project2many
01-02-2013, 05:44 AM
I renewed an old thread on PP about my 302. Maybe it's time to update it.

I found a copy of MXScan on moates.net but it won't connect to my old TC cable. Well, it will in the test area but nowhere else. Disappointing. I switched to the freeware UVScan and after changing comm speed and setting the COM port in the INI file it worked just fine. Maybe I'll try TP / Scanner Pro as well. With John Prevost working on it also, two heads might make a fair amount of progress together.

Now as far as OBDII tuning / programming with TP, what's the deal? Is it mainly the read / program part that's an issue? I know there can be multiple checksums in an OBDII cal but is TP able to work with that?

RobertISaar
01-02-2013, 05:58 AM
why TP can't support it natively? yeah, i'd say the read/write process would be it, since it can be different for each OS. and there are a LOT out there to support. it probably wouldn't be too bad to get a single program to work for nearly all applications, but not a lot of people want to tempt fate and erase the OS section.... they avoid doing anything but writing to the calibration section, since if the flash goes bad, they won't have a bricked unit.

as for the checksums, if you can write C++, you can make a checksum plugin to deal with it, otherwise the stock checksum module won't handle most of it. the 97-~03ish 3100/3400/3800 V6 stuff? only has a single 32-bit checksum, but it's located in an area where the processor adds up every byte before it and every byte after it, then compared it to the stored checksum. TP doesn't natively support what is essentially skipping over an address. that's actually the same reason i haven't attempted to pound out a full 93-95 northstar XDF, it does the same thing. i tried to make a plug-in, but looking at C++ makes me feel like a child doing brain surgery.

EagleMark
01-02-2013, 06:15 AM
Writing file through OBDII is the issue, need a converter box like AVT 852 which are available for sale.

I tested an ADX file made for AVT cable today that dimented247 is writing and he said it would not work on his truck but it worked fine on mine.

Look at sticky in TunerPro OBDII section for link to dimentred247 XDF files for TunerPro. They work great with a RoadRunner...

There are already several LS1 ADX files done either Elm or AVT...

brianko
01-02-2013, 07:20 PM
I have an AVT852 as part of a tuning package I have...there are drivers available? Some links would be great...

EagleMark
01-02-2013, 09:09 PM
Not drivers but ADX files for Data Logging to TunerPro RT.
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/forumdisplay.php?33-TunerCat-OBDII

1project2many
01-03-2013, 02:53 PM
TC OBDII handles read / write the same way as the LT1 using a separate program to handle data transfer. I think that's a reasonable approach when using the TP "user supported" model. Imagine the complaints if a malformed definition file got out there and a bunch of pcm's got bricked. Who's at fault? Who pays? Ultimately TP could become known as "Junk" because of a user error. No, it's better for newbies and hacks not to be mucking about in the flash program.

I've written some C and C++ code but most of what I know is not Windows programming. So writing a "plugin" is something I'll have to research. As far as coding in C, don't be intimidated. In most cases it's far easier than hand coding in assembly. Like any language, it's all about knowing the rules and how to manipulate within them to do what you want. C and C++ tend to be very open ended IMO and very, very flexible. Visual Basic, OTOH, not so much fun. :(

Mark, I'll look at those files and I'll probably see what JP is up to as well. I love doing this stuff... I just don't ever have time any more.

Hog
01-06-2013, 07:02 PM
His stuff is TunerCat-based now.
What stuff? His scan stuff is Proscan and can be used with TC2 cables.
Wester's GMT tuning software is TC2-like, but contains security encoding.

peace
Hog

Hog
01-06-2013, 07:43 PM
Hi, maybe someone could send a link to this thread to pacifip forums. The people who are in the know will probably see it there, and may help. There was tons of bin files there for GM obd2 for many different cars and trucks. If you had a special request for a bin someone usually had it and posted it up. Much better than tune file depot. I am an efilive user but enjoyed that forum greatly. Would be great if we can get that forum in its entirerty here.
Hi there, my handle is Hog. I am a Moderator at Monodax, and a longtime member on the Pacific Performance site. I received files from the gentleman who did the 1st 411 swap froma time before TC2 was on the market. This gentleman referred to the 411 PCM as the 8.1 PCM.

The 2001-2002 Express vans used 411 PCM's and older GEN 1E Vortec 350's and were a gift to the tuning and hotrod world. The 411 PCM in all other apps use a 24x crank and 1x cam position sensor. But the Vortec 350's run a 4x crank and 1x cam position sensor so GM wrote a special calibration to allow the 411 to control the vortec 350. So now any distributer based SBC can be controlled by a 411 PCM by simply running a plastic Vortec front timing cover, 4x reluctor and a Vortec distributer. This has allowed the GEN 3 Camaro/Firbird and TPI Vette guys and GMT 400(88-98) truck owners to be able to convert to the 411.

Another gift from GM was the 1998-2001 rpo L21 Vortec 454 used in teh motorhomes and medium duty trucks as a replacement for the old school truck 366/427 engines of the 1970's-1997. GM uses a 24x reluctor that fit under the front timing cover and provided a 24x reluctor signal, and used a standard Vortec 305/350/454 96-02 distributer with a flat top cap instead of the 9 coil and ignition wire top. The sole purpose of this distributer was to provide the 1x cam position sensor. The 24x reluctor that fit over the BBC front crank snout was copied by EFIConnection except they modified teh design to fit on a SBC crank snout. By using their 24x reluctor, a styandard L21 454 crank position sensor, Vortec front timing cover all allows the dual 80 pin connector 512kb PCM's to be used along with 98-02 (Camaro/Firebird) calibrations for cable throttle or 07+ LS1 calibrations for ETC to be used.
The L21 Vortec 454 from medium duty trucks was the 1st truck application that used CNP(coil near plug) ignition AND ETC(electronic throttle control) on a BBC application. The L21 thinks its an over grown Vette LS1. To tune these vehicles you need VDF 19 as the L21 Vortec uses the 16232148 and 16238212 512kb PCM's. These calibrations allow for adjustable idle speed control which is adjusted via thecruise control stalk.

was also involved in the Marine Intake project from 2006 where we were removing the stock poppets and intake and installing the iron lower/aluminum upper plenum Mercruiser Marine intake manifolds. By swapping the intakes, you can now use conventional rail type fuel injectors of any size and can fuel engine north of 400 crank hp, which is roughly the stock fueling limit of the1996-1999 GMT 400 Vortec 305/350 limits. That blackbox PCM also has a hard limit of about 5900rpms. No matter how or what you tune, those PCM's wont rev a V8 over about 5900rpm. By swapping to the 411 you can realize 8000+rpms.

I am not enjoying the way that if I backspace and then enter in new text when typing a message, the text I have writtenm underneath of it begins to disappear with every keystroke. It makes it impossible to edit a message. Oh well, but I apologize for typo's.

peace
Hog

EagleMark
01-06-2013, 07:56 PM
Hi Hog! Welcome, glad you made it and thanks for the usful info.

Some people have reported issues with reply lately, was a Windows 8 but some other 7 without Java updates. This fixed it:

Here's one thing you can do in your settings:

Message Editor Interface:

Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
Basic Editor - A simple text box
Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls
When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use all of these options. If you experience problems when posting messages, try switching to a different interface type.

silvergs
01-29-2013, 02:09 PM
Hog

You have any idea when the Monodax forum will be back up? Theres a lot of information there that I would hate to lose.

Mike

Hog
02-04-2013, 08:49 PM
Hog

You have any idea when the Monodax forum will be back up? Theres a lot of information there that I would hate to lose.

Mike
Havent heard anything recently. As soon as I do, I will let you know.

peace
Hog

silvergs
02-06-2013, 03:08 PM
Thanks Hog

I have a couple of supercharged applications coming up and will need some custom help on them.

Mike

Playtoy_18
02-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Same here,finishing up a 3800 build and wouldn't mind a place to bounce idears.

EagleMark
02-07-2013, 04:49 PM
If it's dead? Then start here.

We never wanted to compete with Monodax, only to save it or have a place if it's gone.

T-Rex
02-21-2013, 08:31 PM
James is not returning emails either. I emailed Craig Moates today here is what I got back.

Monodax is RIP as far as we know. The gentleman who previously took care of it doesn't have time to maintain it anymore and no one can reach him.

EagleMark
02-21-2013, 10:39 PM
I contacted Moates as well to see if they had contact and got no reply... which is very strange for me not to get a reply.

We have tried all emails, local people looking for phone numbers and address and all have been dead ends. The whole point was since he is no longer involved because of MX scan, he has done us all a favor to keep it going. But if he wanted to bail out we would have hosted/imported the entire database for future reference and he would no longer have the responsibility of website and forum maintenance.

The offer will always stand if we can contact him and database is still intact. I hope in the end we don't find out something happened to him?

If something happened to me, like death? We have other administrators to run forum, another member to run sever, hosting is autopay through PayPal and Skimlinks has been paying for it so the interim would not be affected forever. My son also has instructions to leave it alone, who to contact and pass ownership too and it would be handled as a team effort as it is now.

2000Jimmy
03-20-2013, 06:59 AM
Another Monodax transplant here. Very disappointed to see the site "shut down". Was hoping to comb through the past posts and uploaded files to help apply towards my next/future project.

I hope we can still try and make contact with the owner to possibly resurrect the forums data for all us TunerCat OBDII guys.

I do have a small collection of .cal files that I have downloaded over the passed few years and will upload them here to this site.

EagleMark
03-20-2013, 07:06 AM
We are all trying. Even had local guys try to find him, cell phone trace, home number, business number... all dead ends. I really hope he is OK first off. But losing the forum database is a big loss.

The offer always stands if we can get contact and permission for data base, it would be hosted in it's entirety here under a separate forum.

2000Jimmy
03-20-2013, 07:18 AM
Definitely hope he is OK. Someone has to be behind it to an extent. Before the current web site message, it was completely dead. Came back with a message stating that the site owner had not kept up with payments or something like that.

I will try some email contacts as well to if anything pops up.

bentrod
03-20-2013, 11:07 AM
This is sad I really hope the data isn't lost and the person is OK. I have a 411 slated for a late model hemi that's going into my 69 charger and I would love to get these bins.

bentrod
05-13-2013, 08:21 PM
any updates about the data from monodax?

EagleMark
05-14-2013, 08:10 AM
I've never heard a thing. Thought for sure Moates could help as they were the supplier for Monodax when it was around.

That said I did find a zip file from Monodax data logging software and downloaded the complete manual from their website while it's still there. I don't know if it can be used without registration code?

Been down 5 months today... I doubt even the server has the forum data base backup up anymore...

Playtoy_18
05-14-2013, 07:26 PM
I still have my mxscan reg code,and prob the download link somewhere as well.
The DL link was from craigs site iirc.
I used it for a couple months and gave up on it and bought A-tap.
Never worked worth a damn for me honestly.

roby
07-15-2013, 08:44 PM
Any chance of contacting the server moderator/owner directly and explaining the situation. Maybe at least they would not deleted the data base until something could be worked out.

EagleMark
07-15-2013, 09:11 PM
It's goDaddy and they will not speak to anyone but the owner of site.

Just tried James at all the phone numbers we have collected and still no go. Although I did find one different email address and sent a letter.

At this point I'm not sure any server would have a backup of database after 7 months?

Address on file for domain registration is Norcross Georgia if anyone is down there? IIRC we had people looking locally up north?

Hog
07-16-2013, 12:39 AM
I don't think anyone even knows what the issue was. I sure hope is wasn't money, there were enough offers for help with that. But I honestly have no idea what that type of forums would cost to keep up for a month. peaceHog

Playtoy_18
07-16-2013, 01:35 AM
I'm at the point i'm less worried about the forum anymore and just hoping everything is okay with James.

EyesofThunder
07-18-2013, 06:08 PM
Try: http://www.zabasearch.com/people/james+brinson/ga/

EagleMark
07-18-2013, 07:00 PM
I've said that earlier and hoped he was OK, don't even know him but he did a good thing for Tuners!

I doubt it was money, it does not cost much to keep a forum/website running. Time on the other hand is great. The way the website was closed for service/updates looks like he was doing an update, something went bad? It never recovered.

It's still registered and still hosted so there may still be a data base?

It's the same software as here so I tried the Admin Panel, knowing I can get to it but not knowing the password that is as far as I would make it... it was not there? That's not good... but the data base is stored on PHP server and not website, so it could still be there?

EyesofThunder
07-18-2013, 08:50 PM
It sounds like a database issue, but he is the guru to fix.

I found this:

http://www.zoominfo.com/p/James-Brinson/1783963335

James Brinson

Wrong James Brinson? (http://www.zoominfo.com/p/James-Brinson/1783963335#)
Phone: (419) ***-**** (http://www.zoominfo.com/business/ce-download) HQ Phone
Email: j***@***.com (http://www.zoominfo.com/business/ce-download)

Monodax MXScan (http://www.zoominfo.com/c/Monodax-MXScan/353558875)
CRT Performance, LLC 349 Cleveland Road
Norwalk, Ohio 44857
United States

EyesofThunder
07-18-2013, 08:57 PM
OR try Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Monodax/203356426352938?sk=info

T-Rex
09-02-2013, 06:31 PM
You can access Mondax archive here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20120819192708/http://www.monodax.com/forums/forum.php