PDA

View Full Version : TunerPro XDF for 0411 LS1 PCM Project!

EagleMark
11-26-2012, 07:59 AM
These are really incredible XDF files for TunerPro by dimented24x7! :thumbsup:

There are some ADX files around as well. Most from by Jayme from delcohacking.net He has been working on this more so I'm going to link to his thread on DelcoHacking.net so everyone can grab the latest version. He's done a great job and had no idea it would be used this much so sign in over there and give him a thanks for his work!
http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2314

The only issue yet and a flash cable... but not if you have a RoadRunner from Moates. If not you'll need a cable for OBDII:
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?2387-Group-Buy-for-LS1-Flash-Tool-AVT-852-cable!

And there are two flash programs soon to be released.

EagleMark
11-28-2012, 08:24 AM
Here's a bin file for TunerPro RT to use with the XDF files.

JeepsAndGuns
11-28-2012, 03:39 PM
Now all we need is the ability for tunerpro to flash these pcm's and the 411 will instantly become affordable for the comon man.
I still cant believe a roughly 11 year old pcm is still stupid expensive to tune.

EagleMark
11-28-2012, 04:31 PM
My RoadRunner works fine! Little expensive but it is all you need and is live emulator.
http://www.moates.net/roadrunner-ls1-realtime-emulation-pcm.html

And there are flash programs soon to be released.

RobertISaar
11-28-2012, 09:26 PM
Now all we need is the ability for tunerpro to flash these pcm's and the 411 will instantly become affordable for the comon man.
I still cant believe a roughly 11 year old pcm is still stupid expensive to tune.

tunerpro won't do it natively.... at least i doubt it. but some of the delcohacking guys have been working on a cheap flashing/datalogging interface for a while now. i expect it to be a reality probably within a year at the rate they're going.

EagleMark
11-29-2012, 08:26 AM
I still cant believe a roughly 11 year old pcm is still stupid expensive to tune.TunerPro can flash the RoadRunner, and it's also an Emulator for $599. I can't see anything getting cheaper then that? To Emulate an LS engine? . Plug it in and 600 paremeters to start with. Roadrunner has been running Camaros at the drag strip for years.

Or add $525. for RoadRunner/TunerCat OBDII, then you would have a cable to flash. Simple software, need spreadsheets and a scanner, Still no data but TunerPro could do it or ScanXL is pretty sweet.

Or add $899. for EFI Live for complete system and still need $250 for a RoadRunner license. With this you get AutoTune, MAF Auto Tune and anything else you can dream up . Very indepth and complex.

Even when OBDII cables are ready and cheap the software is hard! Then differant software for each PCM. It's a daunting task. And if you get it wrong your PCM becomes a brick? Not as simple as buying a burner for the chip. It's about $300 to start chips without emulation, so $599. and $39 for TunerPro to run, tune and emulate an LS engine is pretty good. Can always have a permanant PCM flashed when done and do another.

Face it! We are surrounded by LS engines and 0411 PCM and will be for a long time!

We need to come up with some donations for dimented24x7 and he will keep improving and maybe release an ADX although I swear there is already one? This guys expertise has been a big help for what we do with OBDI stuff too, he's been around a long time! Could also be the source of affordable cable and reflash software!

So donate! :thumbsup:

ericjon262
05-13-2013, 09:29 AM
I just opened up the XDF in tunerpro and wow... holy crap! that had to be a ridiculous amount of work! I hope he enjoys the beer money!

tpichevelle
02-24-2014, 02:27 AM
Here's a bin file for TunerPro RT to use with the XDF files.

Hello Mark:

I'm embarking on a tpi upgrade to 12200411 pcm. I have the harness, sensors, etc. Now I need to setup the PCM. Where can I get a set of XDFs/Bin/ADX/OS all together? How can I know if an XDF is for a particular OS of the 12200411 pcm?

I was thinking of using a truck OS from 2002 so it would be setup for regular gas. I was thinking the corvette OS would be setup for premium.

Thanks,

tpichevelle

EagleMark
02-24-2014, 03:19 AM
Right now without a RoadRunner you'd need TunerCat OBDII which you can buy with purchase of a RoadRunner. Or other software like EFI Live, or HPTuners.

The alternative is what we are all working on and all we have ready at the moment is the files in the first post of this thread and that still requires an AVT-852 cable.
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?2387-Group-Buy-for-LS1-Flash-Tool-AVT-852-cable!
And the flash program to be completed? I was informed a few days ago there may be another Flash program available as well? We will see, so far there's three working on this flash tool software but still it's for the AVT-852 cable which handles all protocols and can be expanded for more PCM flash routines.

I removed the .bin from second post when someone pointed out it was the wrong OS and haven't found one for starters yet. It is OS 12202088... as you probably know the XDF will have to match the OS, not just the PCM number. I've got at least 100 hours into a 2002 OS 12212156 and need to find about a week to finish and test the XDF, this will be the OS everyone swaps too and also covers the 0411 Vortec engine conversion...

Whatever route you go it's still expensive compared to what we do with OBDI.

tpichevelle
02-24-2014, 05:56 PM
Mark, thanks for the quick reply. Glad to see the enthusiasm.

So If we made the 411 flash chip socketable and read/write the OS and bin w an eprom burner, what are sources for a robust XDF/OS/ADX combo? Then, as the flashing capability becomes robust, it becomes more convenient to optimize.

Is there is anything I can do to help with either the files, flashing, or documentation for others? My TPI maf system works great because people made tunerpro and provided the files to compliment it. I was able to adapt it to my 72 Chevelle gen I 350.

Take care

TuningMonkey
05-29-2014, 04:39 AM
Hey Mark,

I'm using the 2500S xdf file you posted here to tune a 0411 PCM with an LT1 an EFI connection conversion harness and reluctor. Everything has worked great except I can't seem to find where the tach resolution settings are stored. Is that exposed in your xdf? If not, is there any way I can help search for the high and low res tach settings? I'm sure this will help others who want to put the 0411 in an alternate vehicle since the tach output would need to be changed.

Thanks.

EagleMark
05-29-2014, 05:21 AM
I'm not sure? First thing we have to clear up here is I'm not responsible for the work on these .XDF files! Read the first line of the first post!

These are really incredible XDF files for TunerPro by dimented24x7!

As to your question I'm not sure how to get that done?

TuningMonkey
05-29-2014, 07:19 PM
Hey Mark,

My bad. The xdf is password protected, so I'll try to get in touch with demented24x7.

Thanks!

RobertISaar
05-29-2014, 08:17 PM
the password protected versions are the early ones, IIRC. he later released non-locked versions.

TuningMonkey
05-29-2014, 08:44 PM
Hey Robert,

Thanks. Do you happen to know where the later ones are located?

Thanks,

RobertISaar
05-29-2014, 09:04 PM
the XDFs in Mark's first post seem to be the non-password versions.

TuningMonkey
05-29-2014, 09:20 PM
Thanks. I thought I had downloaded mine from that location, but they have an older date.

neruve
02-01-2015, 05:23 AM
EagleMark, has any progress been made with the xdf for the 12212156 os for the 0411. With a working flash program out in the open this is really needed now. (unfortunately i don't have to knowledge to put one together and it seems like you are most of the way done with one). This will really open to doors and make the 0411 useable in just about anything from v6 to vortec v8, and even LS stuff with one xdf file.

Lextech
02-01-2015, 05:37 AM
EagleMark, has any progress been made with the xdf for the 12212156 os for the 0411
Hi Neruve. Mark passed away a couple of weeks ago. There are others who are actively working on the 2002 XDF info for the 0411 PCM.

Jeff

neruve
02-01-2015, 06:08 AM
Hi Neruve. Mark passed away a couple of weeks ago. There are others who are actively working on the 2002 XDF info for the 0411 PCM.

Jeff

Oh my. I am sorry for everyone's loss. I just recently started to become interested in all this and see he has been an active member to several forums. I'm sure the community as a whole will miss him.

JeepsAndGuns
02-01-2015, 04:47 PM
With the release of the flash tool, I have become more interested in the 411 now. I downloaded the XDF on the first page of this post and looked at them. Not quite as overwhelming as I was expecting. Interesting how its divided up into different segments. I was wondering how complete they are? Are there any missing parameters that might be in other (higher priced) tuning software from other big companys?

Also, I had a issue with one of the zip files. 2500SXDFs.zip works fine. However when I download 12202088.7z.zip and try to open it, I get a error saying the file is invalid. Is there something wrong with it, or is it on my end? I thought it strange as the other one opens fine. It has the XDF's in it. So whats in the one I cant open?

neruve
02-01-2015, 05:10 PM
Also, I had a issue with one of the zip files. 2500SXDFs.zip works fine. However when I download 12202088.7z.zip and try to open it, I get a error saying the file is invalid. Is there something wrong with it, or is it on my end? I thought it strange as the other one opens fine. It has the XDF's in it. So whats in the one I cant open?

You have to take the .zip off and extract with 7zip. It looks like they added the .zip as the forum probably won't allow a .7z extension file be uploaded. (just a guess)

dzidaV8
06-23-2016, 01:30 PM
Hello!
Has there been any progress to OS 12212156 .XDF files? I'm in need to modify simple stuff in 2002 .bin ( disabling rear O2s and AIR system ).
Thanks!

LRT
06-24-2016, 02:34 AM

peralesfive
12-21-2019, 05:39 PM
was trying to follow the tread but could not identify what is the best OS that matches 2500s.xdf? try to break it down and work on a 2005 OS for tuner pro, but need some open XDF examples to break it all down.

any help will be great.

LRT
12-21-2019, 08:38 PM

B52Bombardier1
12-21-2019, 09:29 PM
This is AWESOME and I have been searching for these Holy Grail files to edit and squirt into my recently acquired $18.50 junk yard pulled P59. I had a mismatched XDF that you recently pointed out that would not work with the oddball truck BIN I was using. The two files above now make much better sense inside Tuner Pro RT without the extremely weird table numbers and completely red tables in general. Really appreciate it.

The only thing I can't find so far is where to change the diameter of the rear tire??????

Rick

LRT
12-21-2019, 11:35 PM

peralesfive
12-22-2019, 08:58 PM
Hey LRT
you seem to know your way around Tuner Pro. do you know how to create folders in the Parameter Tree to organize the the XDF Parameters?

iv been making some decent progress, starting from the bottom. but once the files are defined will be easy to adjust them to what ever year.

LRT
12-23-2019, 01:21 AM

peralesfive
12-24-2019, 02:32 AM
Thanks was able to add them in.

Attached is what i worked on real quick. just enough to change DTC and VATS with a little Extra

still looking at what is important to add to the file but alot to go through.

Escalado
10-10-2023, 06:23 AM
This is AWESOME and I have been searching for these Holy Grail files to edit and squirt into my recently acquired $18.50 junk yard pulled P59. I had a mismatched XDF that you recently pointed out that would not work with the oddball truck BIN I was using. The two files above now make much better sense inside Tuner Pro RT without the extremely weird table numbers and completely red tables in general. Really appreciate it.

The only thing I can't find so far is where to change the diameter of the rear tire??????

Rick

Hey you wouldn’t happen to have an adx file for the 12212156 OS running 2002 Silverado 1500 4x4 cal? I’m trying to log using OBDX pro gt, tunerpro RT, and pcm hammer