PDA

View Full Version : da connected but no data

mdj
11-19-2012, 07:42 PM
Went thru tutorial many times,have a 7747 ecm and have loaded the 7747 v5 xdf and the 7747v5 adf and a bin for a "89" truck deff. file onto TP.Now when I hook up cable and enter "data connect" i get the blue DA connected and to the left 82hz.but I can get no data flow,no dash I have gone over this over and over and it has not changed any help would be appreciated.com 3 is port location and have that with plug ins on TP setup.It appears to be connecting but no vissible data.

EagleMark
11-19-2012, 09:01 PM
I just checked one of my 7747 logs and it shows 3.xx hz You've been having issues and I think it's an incorrect install of the cable.

Saw you running compatibility mode Windows XP and no reason to with Windows 7 and TunerPro. XP drivers were an issue if done through WIndows update online, had to manually install drivers.

Plug your cable into laptop, no need for vehicle, and go to Control Panel, Device Manager, find the com port and check driver. Should be
Driver FTDI
Date 4/10/2012
Version 2.8.24.0

Do the same for the USB Serial Converter.

Or uninstall all USB in device manager and restart, let it install what's on laptop, then first thing to plug in is cable and make sure the above drivers are installed.

mdj
11-19-2012, 09:42 PM
Thanks Mark,the xp was only for winaldl.however I have not configured my cable for TP only winaldl.I will go in and try to do what you have laid out .not only am I learning TP and tunning but also computers in general and I don't always no the terms or some simple computer steps.thanks again for responding.

EagleMark
11-19-2012, 11:13 PM
Open TunerPro and go to Tools, Preferences, Data Acquisisition/Emulation, Choose Use Plug in, configure plug in and make sure it is on the correct Comm port, Test for Valid Interface using settings... with cable plugged in.

mdj
11-20-2012, 12:53 AM
usb serial converter correct
usb serial port correct
tried the test valid interface and it finds cable and operating with cable hooked on on both ends but whene you turn the key on it can no longer find cable when you test vald interface.I am at my job sight testing on my 8747 ecm on my work van with loaded $4f xdf and $4f adf fies and same bin.

mdj
11-20-2012, 01:14 AM
some reason i cant reply to thread Ill try again
usb searial convertor driver correct
usb serial port driver correct
under (usb serial convertor properties)
loation port#0002 and hub #0004
i dont know if this has any thing to do with com3 location on my usb port and tunerpro at com3

mdj
11-20-2012, 02:19 AM
Starting to think if just getting a cable hooked up is this difficult tunning may very well be impossible .

EagleMark
11-20-2012, 02:57 AM
Trying to learn computers at our age is a challenge, I'm glad I started in the 90's! And it's still a challenge!

So with cable plugged in you found it in device manager as Com port 3, drivers are correct, TunerPro is set to Comm 3 and tests good? Don't worry it does not test good connected to vehicle.

With TunerPro open right click on tool bar at top and check them all, these icons are easier to learn then all the others under like Acqusistion, Tools etc...

Connect cable to vehicle, vehicle running, TunerPro running and Acqusition Start/Stop Data scan or click on the 2 arrows icon up top, also click on the folder icon or Acqusistion Show Data Lists and data should show... this is how I do it and then click record, when you stop recording it will prompt you to save the file with a name. Attach that file here and we will take a look. To attach click the button under the quick reply box that says Go Advanced and a new window will open, under that window is an attachment manager to find file.

You are taking on a big challenge to learn computers let alone tuning! If it's not in your blood or you don't have time it's going to be no fun! Once you get the hang of it, it is rewarding and better then wasting time with TV or at a bar!

mdj
11-20-2012, 04:01 AM
Well lMark thats good because I dont have tv and I havnt been to a bar in 30 years.I really do appreciate this help more than you know,I just got home and will go thru these steps and see what I can come up with,hey I was happy to get the laptop running on my phone with pda.net.

mdj
11-20-2012, 04:41 AM
just thaught of somthing,ecm sticker is gone but chip from TBIchips has 7747 on it but I dont know for a fact what ecm I have.Is there any way of knowing?
bin file ANLW 89 c-g-k-r-v truck 5.7tbi with 2.73 gears.bin
xdf file $42-1227747-v5.0 adx.
adx file $42-1227747-v5.0 adx.
these are the files Im using do these look ok if in fact I do have the 7747 ecm?
The eprom was in the ecm when I got it,dont know any thing about it.It has 7747hot auto written on it.

mdj
11-20-2012, 05:29 AM
I hooked up to rig,once again it connected wth the blue(da connected)but no data showing up,it did allow me to start data log and stop data logg and name file but i can find no data logs in the file.I had to do this with key on engine off because rig ran out of gas,its burning it faster than I can put it in.

EagleMark
11-20-2012, 03:33 PM
There won't be much activity in a log with engine not running, while connected you can accelerate and watch TPS voltage? Need to play it back in TunerPro or export it to a Excel spreadsheet file to see data.

Post the log.

You have the right files, weather you have the right ECM and chip? Does the ECM have a second, smaller removable chip?

Check Engine Light, does it come on when key on, blink, then stay on til engine is started and go off?

mdj
11-20-2012, 06:54 PM
yes there is a smllier chip along with the eprom and yes the light blinks once then stays on til engine start.datloggedin TP and actvated TPS a few times to get movement, stopped logging ,saved log,went in to tunerpro under acquisition,load logfile,play/pause playing log came up in small lower window,times were flowing and bar across top was moving but there was no visible data showing at all.I will try my hand at loading the file after I post this one.

mdj
11-20-2012, 07:10 PM
ok I got data file under "manage files" but cant get it on this area to be able yo post it

mdj
11-20-2012, 07:37 PM
I see it does it on its own.when I open this file from here it just opens TP.

EagleMark
11-20-2012, 09:16 PM
I hate to tell you this... your getting data! Time for gas and start the engine!

Watch data if you want while warming up but try to start data log when engine is warm, at least 160 degrees and up. Record a log of idle and driving and post it up, we can see where your at!

When you get the chip buring stuff read your chip and we will see if there was anything there to help your engine.

mdj
11-20-2012, 11:06 PM
i can not veiw any data on the screen when datalogging or when datalog playback but it shows that it is running but there is nothing on the screen .I have tried the different items show data,show dash,show monitors.any suggestions?

EagleMark
11-20-2012, 11:33 PM
Look at the bottom for Item lists, Dash, Monitors after you open them. They may be there and need to grab them and strech them up. Put your mouse near top of header that says Item list or? until it turns to a double arrow, then click and drag up.

Or go to View and make sure Floating Utility tabs is not checked. If checked they could be behind TP, minimize and see if they are behind?

mdj
11-21-2012, 03:08 AM
Mark that was it,floating tabs was checked and all the data was behind the screen.on my way home to try some data logging.

mdj
11-21-2012, 05:39 AM
looks like I may need a heated o2 or its getting coverd in suet from running rich.most of the other stuff im not sure of,vacume looks pretty low and some of the timing logs seem high,I dont know how to reead much on fuel without the blm comming on.injector duty cycle seems crazy high .

EagleMark
11-21-2012, 07:44 AM
Yeah ya gotta couple issues... :innocent2:

Spark advance and BPW/Injector duty cycle will not show in data until you do a hack to bin and burn a new chip.

Your Open Loop so BLM won't help, you also have an DTC/Error code 13 which is 02 sensor so have to find out what's wrong there. Clear codes because you have a 33 that will probably not come back.

Also IAC counts are 145 and never move but no DTC so may be wire or plug?

While your getting these worked out you should also know your fuel pressure! You got a lot of work done to this motor right? No WOT high RPM until you get this stuff dailed in! And look at timing table etc... to see what is going on in bin.

mdj
11-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Built a 357 ci..500 lift on int. and .ex 218 and 228 dur. at .050 112 ls 4 deg. built in adv.stock heads ,flattop pist.roller cam and roller rockers ,ground down tbi body.adj fpr,cop car injectors running 14 lbs fuel press.

This is in a rock crawler that I drive on the street some.I am looking at the moats osterich2 and the burn2 with the prom adaptor .we have 4 tbi vehicles so I'm not looking at ebl.does this appear to be a good rout or am I missing something.I guess I'm at a stopping point until I get these.I have a stock chip from a 7747 might play with it.

mdj
11-24-2012, 04:02 AM
Mark if you get a chance to look at this great,if not dont worry.I have to start researching what comes next and what some of the terms in the log mean. o2 prolem taken care of,iac is working at the end of log was running low on fuel so dont pay attention to were it went way lean I burned thru 10 gallons in a hurry.If you get tired of fooling with this be sure to let me know I dont want to over stay my welcome.

EagleMark
11-24-2012, 07:37 AM
Your welcome to come and learn. You really have to have time and desire to do this! It takes a lot of time. Your not going to click few buttons and be done. Plus this motor is not close to stock.

What's the estimated HP? Have you calculated the fuel pressure needed to support this with your injectors? Calculated BPW?

You still got some issues and with what your telling me of fuel consumpsion I think you should stop driving and change your oil! Is this a new motor? If so stop driving and change the oil.

Your data log shows pretty good right at history avarage? Wrong! The highs and lows are so far apart the average came up in ball park. You also have an Error 45 O2 Sensor Rich. I think your O2 sensor is soaked with fuel and well now soot and it's lying to you.

Hows it idle? You don't have VSS so I don't know when it's idling, neither does the ECM...

Your also in Park the whole time? Do you have the Park Neutral wire? Is it grounded? What transmission?

mdj
11-24-2012, 02:51 PM
Tranny. Th350 built.
Park/neutral is grounded,I could fabricate a switch on the b&m shifter if absolute needed.
No vss. This rig is usually going a few mph.although tire speed sometimes jumps up,once again I can look into a vss for a np205 transfer case if absolute needed.
I have run my injector size and for full engine potential I would need 22# fp to go with 65# injectors.
I think small throttle body will hurt more than anything,that and low flow heads and intake.
Will check oil and plugs.
Idle is ok not great,kind of comes and goes.never will completely die but can get low before it catches back on.
I think other questions are answered in pm.

EagleMark
11-24-2012, 07:56 PM
Disconnect the Pk/Neutral wire and it will idle better. IAC control is limited in Park.

VSS is always an improvement but not necessary.

The smaller TB and low flow heads will be an advantage for low RPM torque for rock crawling and driving a big tire truck on street, will take away a little WOT high RPM.

What headers? Long tube?

mdj
11-26-2012, 02:11 AM
Block hugger shorty headers from a fitment issue .rig is pretty light around 3800 pounds.Things went worse today started running even richer at idle and o2 rich code.changed out o2 went thru and checked wiring again .checked any leaks at injector,checked fp again(13.5)when revved up a little it staightens out to where the blm hang around 128 and the 02 jumps back and forth.At idle the 02 will stay in the 800 and 900 range.This is a newly built engine to answer a earlier question .low end torq is what I'm after.rotating asymbly was already togather when I got the engine or I would have went with a milder cam however thi is a custom Lunati grind that was said to be max cam for a tbi.

EagleMark
11-26-2012, 02:52 AM
When you build and engine like that you need to build at least a starter chip before you start it just to break in cam. All the issues your having right now are becasue of the cam. Look at idle MAP! It's way lower then stock. Other then diagnostics and very short drives you should be tuning. Unless you have a mechanical issue it's not going to get better till you tune it.

Also need to check for vacuum leaks.

mdj
11-26-2012, 03:59 AM
Its a roller cam dosnt really need a break in but I get your point.Iam not driving at all except for tunning purpose but things are changing in the computer all the time.I will order burn 2 tomorrow but really dont know where to begin on tune.i know i will set my fuel delivery for egine size but its already set for a 350.I am asuming that the bin file is what will be on this chip when i read it and a can load it as my bin file at start changing settings on it then burn it back to the eeprom.running down the road at constant idle it appears to be fair on blm.idle i would guess would be the first item to tackle which i need to pull a lot of fuel from.base timming is 5 so i will need to set that on the eeprom tune.other than this its going to be a shot in the dark.there will be a few more day to read before things arrive.

EagleMark
11-26-2012, 04:25 AM
Sounds like your on the right track! :thumbsup:

Start to play with TunerPro RT in spare time. Here's a link to Starter Tutorial.
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?466-TunerPro-starter-Tutorial!-New-users-this-is-a-must-read

mdj
11-26-2012, 04:51 AM
;;;;