PDA

View Full Version : $0D, "upshift RPM Vs. shift" Please explain

JeepsAndGuns
10-17-2012, 02:02 AM
Ok, so I noticed on the $0D and $0E, in the comment line on the flag for manual transmission and/or tcc only flag, that it says that table (0x5D45) must be set to all zero. Why? Of all the other trans parameters in there, why does this one need changed?
I noticed that in the 0D bin I am running now, that I forgot to change that table and I have not noticed anything odd. Actually, if you have read other threads, this is the best running bin I have run. So I am wondering if I should even bother changing it.
Anyone have any insight into why it says to set this to zero when running a manual trans, or a "auto without electronic controlls" I noticed this is not set to zeros in the 0D 700r4 bin.

RobertISaar
10-17-2012, 05:27 AM
sounds like the kickdown shift pattern stuff. i don't see why you would have an issue with it being anything other than 0.

perhaps whoever wrote the XDF was being extra cautious?

pmkls1
10-17-2012, 05:53 AM
Yeah, those tables are in the 4L60E kickdown control category. Since I'm using the TCC only feature on my car I took a look at the xdf comments and what I had set in my bin. I remember seeing that now when setting up the TCC stuff and being confused about what it meant. But, I never changed the upshift RPM vs. shift tables and I haven't had any odd issues either. I don't see where those tables would have any effect on the TCC operation or any other functions when not using a 4L60E trans. Like Robert said, it might been an extra step of caution taken by the author of the xdf. At this point I'm not very concerned about but I am curious though. Unfortunately, I can't offer any more insight, but I can add that my experience has been just fine without touching that table.