PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from a lonely garage.

sierrapearl3s
04-25-2024, 07:47 AM
Hi everyone, greetings. My name is Angel and I own a 1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 and a 2014 Chevrolet Cruze. I'm currently trying to learn how to datalog so I can figure out what my computer on my 3/s is seeing. In the future, I'd like to do my own tuning for both of my vehicles. One of my goals is to build the Mits out to be a 400hp daily driver. I'd also like to tune my 2014 Chevrolet Cruze. I'm interested in having a map for fuel economy and another for maximum horsepower. Some facts about myself: I am 20 years old, I live in UT, and I know next to nothing about working on vehicles. I hope I can find all the information and answers I might need.

dave w
04-25-2024, 03:59 PM
:welcome:
Very few Gearhead-EFI members post information for Mitisubishi vehicles.

HP Tuners is a good option for tuning the 2014 Cruze.

steveo
04-26-2024, 03:49 AM
my brother had one of those cars a long time ago. they are pretty heavy for a rice rocket but definitely are a buildable platform with a drivetrain that'll handle it. i believe his gained around 50hp with just a boost controller pushing the turbos closer to the limit.

i don't think you'll get much more out of the cruze for fuel economy. you might be able to squeak a bit more power out of it though.

In-Tech
04-27-2024, 01:08 AM
Hiya's,
I am probably going to get one of these for my 2013 https://zzperformance.com/collections/sonic-cruze-turbo-parts-kits/products/zzp-big-wheel-turbo

sierrapearl3s
04-28-2024, 01:58 AM
I'm looking at getting a MBC with a boost gauge. I've seen that the 1.4 Turbo on the cruze can handle 20 psi reliably. That's probably my first step.