PDA

View Full Version : New to tuning

Cadride
10-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Hello all I'm Cash Hodson located in Iowa. I have been playing around with a 1994 C1500 2wd for a little while now. Lately been over consumed with getting the truck together in last couple of months, I painted the truck (2 years in the making) along with getting the engine to where it's at now. For motor and drivetrain upgrades: 5.7 .060 over, 2.3 Whipple SC, 54mm 7.4 TB 80lbs injectors, Vortec Heads light port polish, GM Vortec/Carb intake, Comp Cams 08-503-8, Full Roller engine, Hooker Long tube headers, True Duals, 255 LPH fuel pump, street strip shift kit, 3:73 posi. I have also made many cosmetic changes completely shaved, Escalade front end, custom made grill, designed and built custom LED taillights, 1998 interior, Monte Carlo seats, along with many other changes. So far I have been working with someone to do all my tuning, I hope this winter I can learn enough about Dynamic EBL system to aid in tuning. Like everyone else on here little project that turned in to a bigger project than planned.

This is a very impressive forum with many active and knowledge individuals; I hope that I can read enough to make a little sense of tuning. Excellent job guys.

Thanks for letting me join your group.

Cash

RobertISaar
10-03-2012, 12:12 AM
welcome.

didn't think MC seats would work in a truck, but that's good to know.

CamaroDude85
10-03-2012, 06:05 AM
Love those trucks, before I got married used to have a '96 with a worked over 500 Caddy/TH400 in it. Surprised many a SRT-4 and STI with it lol. I learned the hard way though that stock Caddy rods tend to come apart after being subjected to 5500rpm and ended up selling the truck after #1 and #2 exited the oil pan. As for tuning lots of reading and messing around with it on your own is the best way to learn, try to change only one thing at a time and do it in small increments instead of giant leaps.

Cadride
10-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Took some work to get the seats in and good thing the truck is lowered cause they would not be comfortable to get in and out of due to a ledge built in to the seat.
Thats pretty sweet putting that big of motor in there, that had to have some crazy power. I just have a front clip off of an escalade with 350 sbc. Good advice.

EagleMark
10-03-2012, 04:32 PM
:welcome2: