PDA

View Full Version : Old dog brushing up on old tricks

RWeatherford
10-20-2023, 11:37 PM
Joined so that I could brush up on old skills that have been sitting on a shelf for at least 10 years. Started out trying to Crack the Quad4 prom on 92 Beretta and found a deal on Electromotive Tec2 and didn't look back. Then on to MegaSquirt in a turbocharged Miata which I still have but hadn't opened Tunerstudio since 2017.

Now wanting to learn the flashable GM PCM. I'm a complete newbie to them but Eric Wood has been helping me along. I daily a 03 S10 ZR2 4.3 5-speed with a p59 9405. So far I have an OBDX Gt and have successfully downloaded my bin WITH LS Droid and cruised around in it with TunerPro, and Universal Patcher. Have successfully logged data with PCM Logger.

I am a registered Tunerstudio MS user and have enjoyed Phil's work in the past. I have looked at my logs in the trial version of Mega Log Viewer HD but 400 samples is really restricted and the UI is a little dated with Win 10 but wouldn't be a deal breaker if I can get everything working properly.

Logging inside Universal patcher has been unsuccessful and viewing a pre-recorded log in a histogram format has been partially successful but the MAF table mismatch seems to be stifling me on timing tables and KR.

So I still have a lot to learn and if possible would like to transfer this knowledge eventually into an Atlas 4200 / 55 Chevy project in the future.

Rex