PDA

View Full Version : checksum error after read complete / flashhack

gdrudy
09-28-2023, 12:11 AM
Ran into something I have never had happen... 16188051 ecm (LT1) using flashhack, after reading the Eside had completed it post a fail due to eside check sum invalid (T side was ok). I have no idea on the history on the ECM, friend bought it off ebay. I was wondering if I flashed a known good bin file into ECM if this might fix it (if the write cal will work). Haven't tried anything yet. I tried my ECM (read fine) just to make sure the cable / PC did go honky on me.

NomakeWan
09-28-2023, 03:10 AM
If it's fleabay, who knows?

If it's not mission-critical or anything, I say flash it with a known-good BIN and see what happens. Worst that can happen is it bricks, but if it's already got a bad checksum on the E-Side it's probably already a brick.

steveo
09-28-2023, 05:46 PM
you could read it and ignore the bad checksum in flashhack and post it here
then we could compare with the factory cal to see what bits have flipped and whether its likely to affect loading the kernel
but personally id just reflash the thing

gdrudy
09-28-2023, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the reply steveo. Will give it a try next week. love your stuff by the way, been using it for years on my LT1. Thanks for all the work you have done for us LT lovers.

gdrudy
09-28-2023, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the replyNomakeWan, I will see what happens and if I can save this thing.

steveo
09-29-2023, 07:50 AM
flashhack at least will let you flash repeatedly until it works as long as power is maintained

Tom H
10-01-2023, 03:51 PM
if it's already got a bad checksum on the E-Side it's probably already a brick.

A bad checksum caused by erased/changed code would probably result in watchdog/cop resets. The PRU chip will send a system reset (same as toggling the key on and off) if the COP expires. In this case, monitoring the ALDL stream should give a clue to this. Messages would be sent followed by a pause while the system does a cold reset. The ESide will reset the TSide in case where the E PRU COP times out.

A bricked unit can be restored without much trouble. There is no need to replace the chips using bootstrap to reprogram.

-Tom