PDA

View Full Version : Unintended Use Of Products

Keemosahbe
05-15-2023, 04:28 PM
Hello everyone! I like to tinker with stuff and lately I've been messing with an LS engine for a 2005 Suburban. After some reading and Tuber vids, I've been tinkering with the ECMs. This leads me to here where there's a wealth of information and the possibility of working out another project I’ve been tinkering with- converting my 1982 Honda Redwinged (formerly a Goldwing interstate, hopefully the pic comes through) to fuel injection. I’m playing with my 06 GMC and Suburban just learning the ins and outs of it all to hopefully scavenge a 96 Geo Metro fuel system into my bike. CC’s are close, readily available parts, mass produced, hope I can get it to work, fingers crossed. Anyway, glad to be here, not very experienced on forums so bear with me as I try to learn lots of new stuff.

steveo
05-15-2023, 05:12 PM
cool project

is the metro ecm tunable or did you have another plan?

what are you going to do about a fuel pump?

Keemosahbe
05-15-2023, 07:49 PM
Well, 1st I don't know if it's tunable, I am just learning how to mess with them using PCM Hammer and TunerPro and i haven't plugged into my junkyard donor as of yet. I thought I'd learn how to before going after something like a Microsquirt. If the ECMs is right there, what are my obstacles that won't let me use it? Hardware should be relatively close to a size and capacity that will get it running, which leads into the 2nd question. I currently plan to use the fuel pump out of the Geo and modify the sending unit to fit the Honda fuel tank. Might have to salvage a junkyard donor Honda tank for some parts but, all in the name of science right?

Metro might be a 97 I'm told.

1project2many
05-16-2023, 01:06 AM
This actually sounds very cool. The Metro ecm will expect a three cylinder engine with a 1.0 litre displacement engine and injectors with a specific delivery rate. The ecm will be programmed to match fuel and spark advance to the characteristics of the Metro engine. Without tuning software you will be forced to trick the ecm by altering sensor signals so the ecm will deliver spark advance and fuel to match your engine. I am not familiar with tuning software for the Metro.

A Suzuki Swift will have a similar ecm and similar injectors but will be calibrated for a 1.3 liter 4 cylinder.

But there are several GM ecm's that will work with a four cylinder engine. Maybe a GM ecm and the Metro injectors?

Keemosahbe
05-16-2023, 06:10 AM
Interesting... The GL1100 has 2 coils each running 2 cylinders. I could try to use the TBI and pump from Geo and the pcm from a 2.8 or something.