PDA

View Full Version : Ls swapping in the mountains

gbodyelky
04-19-2023, 02:09 AM
Hi All,

My name is Joe and I am the proud owner of an 1981 El Camino. My dad and I bought this car/truck from one of my fellow Boy Scouts as a father/son project in high school. The 267 had a blown head gasket and a dent in the bumper because my buddy tried driving it and realized the brake lines were shot. Drove the thing right into their chimney. Year later my buddy and I got our Eagle on the same day and that summer I drove it to the shore for the car show with my dad. We drove quite a bit until I went to college. My buddy was an amazing person and had all the patience in the world for everyone too needs someone to talk to. He moved to Florida while I was in college and was killed over selling something on offer up. The guy didn’t want to pay for the item and ended up running over my buddy. The low life was never caught. Out of respect for his family I’m not going to say who my buddy was.

Years later I’ve gotten the courage to get the tank going again. One of the last times I saw him we were just driving it around and he said whatever you do with it man, don’t make it flashy and just drive it as much as you can. So the elky is going to get a 5.3 out of a 04 Tahoe that I just refreshed because that 267 is aweful. Still need to pick headers but the Holley ones are just so expensive! I have the Holley motor mounts, and 302-2 oil pan. Any header options that fits that aren’t so expensive? Do you guys run a charcoal canister? If not how do you vent the tank? If I posted the bin file, would you guys mind take it look over?

Thanks for reading and don’t forget to appreciate each day because you never know✌️
Joe

dave w
04-19-2023, 02:30 AM
:welcome:

Thank you for sharing your heart felt memories.