PDA

View Full Version : New Member intro

willmoto5
04-17-2023, 06:34 AM
Thanks for the add. Currently working on a 92 G20 conversion van with the 5.7 TBI. No luck getting Datacat to work and Win ALDL seems to be a very basic program. Hoping once I get the $99 definitions loaded into TunerPro I can get a full picture of what's going on or will shell out a little more $ for a good OBD1 data logger. Still too new to all this to try modifying anything although bumping the idle up and enabling lean cruise look enticing. I'm hoping all the data is the same values as OBDII data (o2 sensor voltage, map sensor voltage, TPS %, etc etc.) as there seems to be a lot more learning guides for OBD2 and not much about this OBD1. Just lots of scattered forum posts and broken links. So far this website seems to be the best out here about these primitive computer systems.

In-Tech
04-18-2023, 02:16 AM
:welcome:
I'm not sure I have ever used DataCat with the $99 but I have with just about everything else. Are you sure your cable is good?

dave w
04-18-2023, 02:45 AM
:welcome:

Link to gearhead-efi $99 information: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?380-16146299-ECM-Information-99

steveo
04-18-2023, 05:54 AM
datacat is commercial software...contact the author and figure out why it's not working? i know if you paid me 70 bucks for something and it didn't work i'd want to help you fix it

these ecms are very simple to interpret logs for. capabilities are very much the same as OBD-II. the only big difference is you might find that closed loop trims are a raw 8 bit number rather than a percentage because stupidity. you'll get used to that but if your logger does that, just divide by 128 to get a percentage.