PDA

View Full Version : New guy from NE Florida

CamaroDude85
09-07-2012, 04:28 AM
Hey whats up? Been lurking around here for a little bit soaking up all the info I can. I'm in Jacksonville, got a '88 Camaro with a TBI 305 and a 5 speed, engine is all stock except for a open element and a 2 chamber Thrush muffler(same thing as a flowmaster). Finally upgraded from the antiquated 8063 to a 7427 running $0d started with a manual 4.3 TBI bin, BJFD to be exact, and copied the spark, ve and the fuel trim parameters from a 305 truck bin(BHMC) as a starting point. I've got it running pretty good, BLM's range from 128 to 134 depending on the cell, when I started they were 142 and with the 8063 they were 150+. Also running 93V8S10's fan code slightly tweaked to run a Ford 2 speed fan with both speeds working. Would just like to say thanks to everyone here cause without all the info you guys have posted I'd never be able to pull off the swap. A couple of things I've learned along the way is pin b7 on the 7427 does not work with a external knock module, nothing goes poof, it just registers crazy knock counts. Also those .050" allen wrenches that aren't good for much of anything work great to release the wires out the connector's.

EagleMark
09-07-2012, 04:56 AM
:welcome2:

Glad to have you!

A couple of things I've learned along the way is pin b7 on the 7427 does not work with a external knock module, nothing goes poof, it just registers crazy knock counts. I wonder if that is JeepsandGuns issue?

:welcome:

JeepsAndGuns
09-07-2012, 02:31 PM
I am not using a external knock module, I am using the one built into the memcal. The knock sensor is connected directly to the pcm.

CamaroDude85
09-07-2012, 08:37 PM
I ended up turning off all the knock retard stuff and just run without it. It's nice to have don't get me wrong but it's not really a necessity. People got by just fine without KS's for years with the older HEI's. I run 93 and didn't get greedy with the spark advance, so far so good.

dave w
09-08-2012, 07:59 AM
:welcome:

During my time in the Military (late 80's), I was station near Jacksonville Fl. Nice place to be in station, if serving in the Military.:thumbsup:

dave w

JeepsAndGuns
09-08-2012, 05:23 PM
I ended up turning off all the knock retard stuff and just run without it.

Same here. I figure since mine is a conversion (gm injection on a non gm engine) I will probably never get the knock system working. But I have been trying.