PDA

View Full Version : fuel still disabled after tuning out vats on 02 corvette

Lt1rob
01-28-2023, 03:18 AM
like the title say i tuned out vats with pcmhammer but it still has fuel disabled from security light being on. any suggestions would help. 02 corvette m6 ls1

NomakeWan
01-28-2023, 11:12 PM
Apologies that since I do not have a C5, I cannot be positive of this. But on the late-model C4 up through 1996, VATS was actually handled by two computers, and was not only handled by the PCM. The CCM (Central Control Module) was the actual "heart" of VATS, both with the task of reading the key pellet and sending the "all clear" message to the PCM to enable the fuel injectors. But that's the only thing the PCM did; enabling the fuel pump and enabling the starter relay were both handled by the CCM, not the PCM. The PCM only had control over the fuel injectors.

Since that was how the late-model C4 did it, I would wonder if that setup was carried over to the C5 that came after it. If so, then you have a body module in need of rewiring/reprogramming.

WASyL
02-03-2023, 10:59 PM
That means - if every other stuff is ok - that there was issue with flashing.

Pulse_GTO
02-04-2023, 05:52 PM
Did you disable the column lock option G0801?

Lt1rob
02-05-2023, 01:01 AM
Yes i did. It ran fine the first couple days after flashing the pcm now it cranks but won't turn over.