PDA

View Full Version : Programming a P59 DBW to DBC

custodian
01-19-2023, 09:07 PM
Can anyone tell me how to program a DBW to a DBC? I have the correct ECM, just need guidance in how to program to DBC. I have Tuner Pro and PCM Hammer.

trlrider
01-20-2023, 07:33 PM
You first need to make sure your P59 ecm has the chip for the IAC or you will not be able to program dbc into it.
Not all P59's are capable of DBC

custodian
01-20-2023, 07:49 PM
You first need to make sure your P59 ecm has the chip for the IAC or you will not be able to program dbc into it.
Not all P59's are capable of DBC

It has the chip.

Pulse_GTO
01-21-2023, 08:06 PM
What OS are you using? IS this a swap? Typically I would go into the system options matrix and in the line or column that matches the vehicle platform selected in the bin and change ETC from 1 to 0. Then I would make sure that all of the DTCs for DBC are turned on and the DBW ones are turned off. You can use a DBC file to compare. Another way I would try if this is a swap is to just start with a DBC file and write the entire file, make a clone, to the PCM. Maybe the OS you are using has a DBC engine calibration and engine diagnostics section you could swap over?

custodian
01-21-2023, 08:16 PM
What OS are you using? IS this a swap? Typically I would go into the system options matrix and in the line or column that matches the vehicle platform selected in the bin and change ETC from 1 to 0. Then I would make sure that all of the DTCs for DBC are turned on and the DBW ones are turned off. You can use a DBC file to compare. Another way I would try if this is a swap is to just start with a DBC file and write the entire file, make a clone, to the PCM. Maybe the OS you are using has a DBC engine calibration and engine diagnostics section you could swap over?

I'm looking at doing this for an LS swap. Already have a DBW LS tune in it, just looking at changing it to DBC. Also can a tune from a 411 PCM work in the P59 PCM?

UPDATE: I do have a 2003 DBC BIN from a 2003 6.0/4l60e Express van, I believe I downloaded it from this site.

This is a tune that I now have.