PDA

View Full Version : Hi

cyrusnassiri101
08-28-2012, 05:57 PM
I'm new to the forum, and relatively new to efi. Looking to get more experience, and talk to some experts.

cyrusnassiri101
08-28-2012, 06:02 PM
Does anyone have experience using etcs ( electronic throttle control). If so, what are pros/cons. I'm thinking about integrating one into my latest project, mostly to gain ultimate control over the motor, and to prevent the driver from doing certain things that would cause detonation.

EagleMark
08-28-2012, 09:38 PM
:welcome2:

Drive by wire is part of later OBDII systems but most view it as lack of control by doing what your mentioning. SOme you can floor it and the throttle blades open slowly...

Enjoy your stay~!

:welcome:

cyrusnassiri101
08-28-2012, 10:34 PM
Maybe I'm going about things the wrong way, here's what im trying to do: I have a Datsun 240z with a GM LSX based motor, destroked to 280 ci. Dynoed @ 668 rwhp on 10 psi on the Vortec. Love the motor, but I'm trying to refine it to have better street majors. One of the things I want is better mpg. At freeway speeds, in 6 th gear,i run ultra lean, but as soon as I tip in slightly, I get detonation. I would like to be able to read the throttle command, keep the throttle blades closed, and just advance/retard timing to get minor increases in torque for accelerating from let's say 60 to 70 mph. From what I understand this is what the OEMs are doing. Seems like a much better way to control minor increases in torque demand, like managing idle, or ac clutch in. My main concern is that I've heard there r some safety issues, and is there an aftermarket version that is capable of flowing the amount air my motor requires. On racing fuel, I run 22 psi, about 1000 up. Any thoughts? Anybody out there that's worked on the same issues?