PDA

View Full Version : New to Forum

jamesv70
12-31-2022, 07:06 AM
Hello all! I’m new to this forum and new to data logging. As a matter of fact, I really feel that I shouldn’t attempt any of what I want to do, but I want to learn. This my first post and I’m here because I need your help. I have the Moates Xtreme ALDL 12 pin cables for OBD1, the TunerPro and TunerPro RT software and a 1987 Camaro with the 5.7-liter TPI engine and automatic transmission. I’ve researched enough to find that the car could use one of the two following BIN’s, ABWN and ABWT. I’ve already downloaded both and have them in my TunerPro folder. So, here’s my problem, what do I do next? I’ve watched Getting started with TunerPro RT on YouTube and have been reading the forums, but AIC2P, AIC2V archives, VCP drivers, BIN, XDF and ADX are like a foreign language to me… I just don’t get it and really don’t want to ruin anything. I would appreciate any help/guidance on what steps I need to take next to start data logging. Thank you all in advance.

steveo
12-31-2022, 08:54 AM
so you want to datalog?

you just need tunerpro rt and an adx file

bin files and other crazy stuff don't enter into it

what exactly are the goals?

jamesv70
01-02-2023, 02:12 AM
Thanks for replying Steveo! Well I’m guessing that when you data log, you get to see what all is going on with the engine and its sensors. Really I just want to see if anything is going on that causes the engine to run right at times. That’s pretty much it and to learn how to data log.

jamesv70
01-02-2023, 02:15 AM
Also, what is an adx file, what type and where can I get that file?