PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for having me!

keigger73
12-18-2022, 09:19 PM
Hello guys and gals my name is Keith, thanks for having me on the site! I've been getting information from the site for years but just decided to join, I have a few "irons in the fire" so to speak, first i have a 1948 chevy fleetline (aero sedan) I have a 6.0 LS on standby for her, I have an ex-UHAUL 26' 1988 CHEVY C60 cab and chassis, that was factory air bagged in the rear, it has the "easy load option" ie: airbags, compressor, airtainks etc, it has the 366 tall deck bigblock factory, completely un-molested, im going to make a frame dragger/wedge fladbed out of her, and I have a 2004 trailblazer 5.3ls, plans for this one will be a rear door and side window shave/delete to make it a 2 door with hopes of lowering in the weeds and still retain the 4x4, pics coming soon, again thanks for having me!

In-Tech
12-18-2022, 10:37 PM
Hiya and :welcome:
I wouldn't mind getting that crank out of your 366. Where are you located?

keigger73
12-19-2022, 02:09 AM
Hiya and :welcome:
I wouldn't mind getting that crank out of your 366. Where are you located?

Hi in-tech thanks for the welcome!, i take it you want to stroke a big block? im in the cleveland ohio area, im not sure which direction im going yet, i would like to LS it just to make it dependable, you are first in line if/when i do the swap!

In-Tech
12-19-2022, 05:22 AM
Hiya,
I am in central Calif. The stock 366 and 427 truck cranks are generally well hardened(tufftrided). I haven't physically seen a 366 crank which makes me curious since I am building an old school 427. I think the 3rd counterweight is thinner but dunno. Keep me in mind, thanks.
-Carl

keigger73
12-19-2022, 05:05 PM
Hiya,
I am in central Calif. The stock 366 and 427 truck cranks are generally well hardened(tufftrided). I haven't physically seen a 366 crank which makes me curious since I am building an old school 427. I think the 3rd counterweight is thinner but dunno. Keep me in mind, thanks.
-Carl

I am definitely going to check that out, I am 95% sure it's going to get LS swapped, if I can get a good deal on one locally I'm going to yank it, I'm going to do a "will it run" video on it because it hasn't ran in 10 years or so, so when i change the oil I'll scope the drain plug hole and have a look at the crank and see what we got, I've heard of the Tufftriding process before, I bought a sbc 3.75 stroker crank that was tufftrided, spun it up to 7600 and it didn't detonate lol, I'll let you know what i come up with
k that was

Fast355
12-21-2022, 05:21 AM
Hiya,
-Carl

The caps are beefy as well. 4 bolt on all caps from memory.

I think I would keep a 366 big block before I went with a 6.0L myself. That is just me though. I swapped a TBI 366 in place of a 350 TBI in a 95 G30 class C RV. That 366 was a very strong runner.

Fast355
12-21-2022, 06:04 AM
I am definitely going to check that out, I am 95% sure it's going to get LS swapped, if I can get a good deal on one locally I'm going to yank it, I'm going to do a "will it run" video on it because it hasn't ran in 10 years or so, so when i change the oil I'll scope the drain plug hole and have a look at the crank and see what we got, I've heard of the Tufftriding process before, I bought a sbc 3.75 stroker crank that was tufftrided, spun it up to 7600 and it didn't detonate lol, I'll let you know what i come up with
k that was

Spray some fogging oil in the cylinders first then use a breaker bar to turn it through 2-4 complete revolutions. Don't want to break a ring or something if one is stuck.

keigger73
12-24-2022, 01:53 AM
Spray some fogging oil in the cylinders first then use a breaker bar to turn it through 2-4 complete revolutions. Don't want to break a ring or something if one is stuck.

yes I'll definitely fog each cylinder and bar it over, I may just keep the 366 too, i was just amazed when i tilted the hood on it and found everything completely untouched, it has the 5spd dual PTO provision trans as well, but being a U-Haul im sure it has a very tall rear gear as well, they had a governed carb and was geared to never hit 56 mph lol, I'll be on the hunt for a 2spd rear for it as well, I'll post my build of this C60, it's going to be pretty cool