PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Hothealey

hothealey
10-22-2022, 06:00 PM
18561HI I'm Mike "Hothealey". Hothealey for my 1956 Austin Healey with an overly built 358 ci small block Chevy. It has been totally re worked with coilover suspension, 9" rear, m20 Muncie,
4 heel disc brakes stainless headers and exhaust. It is about to go in the paint booth, just a dozen more rounds with the 320 grit. I joined to gather more information and advice about doing a conversion to EFI. My plan is to convert a pre 1968 Hilborn 8 stack unit to EFI. The plan is to bore up through the intake port with a milling machine for the injector bungs and epoxy them in to no have to weld on the thin casting. I want to use the original barrel valve and injector system modified for a 8 port vacuum source and idle air control. Will i need a reservoir under hidden under the intake? The plan is to use a Mega squirt mx3 controller to do sequential injection and get good idle control. I would like opinions about ignition keeping in mind old school look and limited fire wall clearance. Thanks.

1project2many
10-23-2022, 04:43 AM
Welcome to the forum. That's going to be a rocket when you're done. I have little experience with MS. More generally, the signal from a single port is not as reliable as an indicator of engine load. Fabricating a manifold connected to all eight ports would provide a more consistent signal. Another possibility is to use alpha-n programming based on TPS and RPM alone. Chances are with the low vehicle weight you can tune the car so its very driveable with alpha-n.