PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, from just up the road in Australia

HoldenHillbilly
10-16-2022, 07:41 PM
Hi there all, long time occasional browser and apparently a long time member also. I have defs been a regular unregular visitor for a long time so firstly my apoligies for not saying hello sooner. I'm guessing knowing me it was after visiting drunk just before bed and thinking yeah I'll get back on regularly now. Alcohol and women they say, The demise of many a great man but never fear I'm still not a bad fella ;)

I've been tinkering, learning, building, and yes occasionally breaking something with a motor for as long as I can remember and started vehicle ownership At the ripe old age of 12 with an early Morris Mini Deluxe 850cc. Paid $25au myself for it after spending 3 weekends saving as much as possible from a weekend job chipping burrs and was assured it was so cheap because the motor was fooked and would never run again. About 6 weekends later we were skidding around the paddocks in a gocart as it had no oil in the hydrolastic suspension so was sitting on the weeds.

You could say that was when the fixing, modifying, restoring, engineering, fabricating, blah blah blah bug really took hold and as I already had a major crush on the local Holden products in the early 80s Commodores and the Mighty Monaro of the 69-70s era that has pretty much been what my whole life has revolved around.....Holdens and having as many of them near me in my own collection and helping keep as many going the way they should as I can.

I will post pics of some of the rigs over the years and my current toys for you all once I work out where everything is properly, You know, as a new member and all hahaha.

I mainly concentrate now on the 88-98 304ci delco powered girls and have 4 in the stable with 2 3.8 buick/4l60 powered girls also. I still love the earlier carby and points controlled engines with more than 1 carb fed girl here and it was the hrs and hrs fine tuning those that got me to where I am today. I'm defs not a tuner and don't claim to be a mechanic at all but I don't let absolutely Anyone else touch my vehicles and never have so now I just like to keep it that way.

It has been awhile since I was here last so letv me get my head around everything and I'll .babble on again with some actual interesting stuff again soon.

Take care all, Happy motoring but above all stay safe and healthy.