PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Suburban 1500 and 4l60E into a 1962 Impala DBW and 2004 Tahoe into 1933 Chevy

Peralesr4
10-04-2022, 06:24 PM
Have two LM7 motors and 4l60E out of Sub and Tahoe 2wd DBW on both and all wires and computers. Building a Bench harness and now getting into the Computer ECU portion of these builds, One motor into a 1962 impala and the other in a 1933 Chevy Eagle- Downloaded the tuner RT on the laptop- I did start the suburban motor after doing the whole BCM trick in my daily driver so it has the Temporary code to bypass Vats- and the other motor out of the Tahoe- well I got that running before I pulled it out the vehicle- Now I want to remove the VATS on Both and program the Fans to turn on and more likely remove all the Emissions- SO will be looking for all the downloads to drop into Tuner RT

ralmo94
10-04-2022, 07:48 PM
Checkout universal patcher

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?9616-New-LS1-Tuning-Tool-Universal-Patcher

It's very easy to disable vats with this. No XDF needed.
Here's a video https://youtu.be/mfVzxEDEXF4

Peralesr4
10-05-2022, 06:55 AM
Thanks for the info- I opened the you tube and followed it and stopped at the point of opening Bin---- I haven't read my pcm yet- I'm waiting on my Dongle OBDX pro VT to come in the mail- when it does I'm going to need to watch some videos of how to do that.

ralmo94
10-05-2022, 07:00 AM
There is a really good video on making a bench harness by lowbuck ls.

Peralesr4
10-12-2022, 08:43 PM
thanks, made the bench harness and was able to write new flash to computer. I had a problem with a clicking of the fuel pump relay and only cranking with no start after checking the grounds, the 12 volt constant power etc...I was able to figure out it was the pedal- so I swapped out with another one I had for another project and it stopped the fuel pump relay clicking and started for a good amount of time before it died out. I am now going to rewrite the ecu with the original file and only apply the vats patch and see what it does-I removed all the 02 sensor stuff and egr stuff for the first flash so going back to original and only removing the vats first--one thing is the 02 sensor is connected but not inserted into exhaust-----I think it should still stay running like it did before when I had the engine on the ground and ran it

Peralesr4
10-12-2022, 08:45 PM
also what made me thing it was the pedal was because I cut and welded it to shorten it for the project and I think the heating and banging messed up something in the pedal electronics