PDA

View Full Version : LOOKING FOR OS FILES AND XDF FILES

Russell2269
09-10-2022, 11:26 PM
GUYS AND GALS I,M VERY NOT GOOD AT THIS COMPUTER STUFF .I,M JUST TRYING TO USE TUNER PO
RO TO SHUT VATTS OFF AND REAR O2,S ANDI AM NOT SURE HOW TO DO IT ONLY WATCHED A VIEW VIDEOS THAT GOT ME HERE

Pulse_GTO
09-11-2022, 01:38 AM
Can you tell us what you are working on and what OS and computer you have?

B52Bombardier1
09-11-2022, 05:11 PM
Yes, please, what type of PCM? And there's more to it than just VATS and oxygen sensors but we can assist.

Rick

Russell2269
09-15-2022, 05:11 AM
Heres the thing i can just barely reply to your respond never mind anything else computer related . i really dont understand how all this works but i so badly wanna learn i watched a few videos on you tube beatersoldsgarage and buget builds if you cld take a couple minutes to watch that video it pretty much what im trying to do but to download move safe the files xdfs and os it just throws me for a loop sorry to sound so stupid but if i was showed once id know how to do it. i have obdlink lx and built my bench harness and read my ecm but coulnt find a matching os 12613248 and thats when i gave up plz can you possibly help me to learn how to just take an ecm and turrn off the stuff i need turned off i believe i have a p59

Russell2269
09-15-2022, 05:13 AM
i understand that im building a truck from frame off and will be 94 chevy silverado two wheel drive just wanna learn how to shut thje important things off t,y for your reply

Russell2269
09-15-2022, 05:19 AM
Yes, please, what type of PCM? And there's more to it than just VATS and oxygen sensors but we can assist.

Rick

p59 i believe

MO LS Noobie
09-15-2022, 03:44 PM
Welcome to the forum, there is a wealth of information here. Do a search for your operating system from the search bar and it should show a lot of what you're looking for. Remember the .bin is your binary (tune) information, the.xdf is your definition files (interprets the binary information into a format that you can see and edit) they need to match. If your PCM has the factory sticker on the outside, there are three different sets of numbers there, that is a good place to start. Hardware, operating system, and probably part number. I use LS droid and his proprietary OBDII interface, (others work but I want to support all of the work that he is put into it). Then I use TunerPro RT to edit the file on my computer. TunerPro has all you need, but, again, I wanted to support the development of the software
I have only been doing this for six months, but found some really helpful people on this site. It really is not rocket science but it is a pretty steep learning curve. If all you want to do is turn off VATS and the oxygen sensor, just mail it off to someone, much easier and cheaper than trying to do it yourself. Brendon at LT1swap.com is very helpful and reasonably priced. He has a lot info to do everything yourself, and does mail order work also.

Always save your original file, so you can go back to it in the chance that you really messed something up.
PM me if I can be of assistance.

Russell2269
09-20-2022, 09:19 PM
well i appreciate you getting back to me i do wanna learn more than just vats and o2s if i cld watch a video on excactly what to do im sure i cld do this again thanks for getting back to me

ralmo94
09-20-2022, 10:04 PM
but coulnt find a matching os 12613248 and thats when i gave up plz can you possibly help me to learn how to just take an ecm and turrn off the stuff i need turned off i believe i have a p59

You may have a hard time finding an XDF definition file for that OS. I bet Universal Patcher would work on it though, you don't need an XDF with it, or tuner Pro.
If you can post your bin file up, in my spare time I could make a video for you to show you how to turn Vats off and the codes.

Russell2269
09-20-2022, 10:18 PM
im not even sure you guys are getting my messages

Russell2269
09-20-2022, 10:21 PM
anyway maybe i cant learn this stuff

Russell2269
09-20-2022, 10:47 PM
what version do i down load

ralmo94
09-20-2022, 11:34 PM
The latest version available, if you look at the numbers it will be the highest number, right now it appears to be 20_18

Russell2269
09-20-2022, 11:44 PM
i found it and downloaded it to my desktop

Russell2269
09-21-2022, 12:02 AM
The latest version available, if you look at the numbers it will be the highest number, right now it appears to be 20_18

i added you as afriend again i barely no how to use a computer and the number was my phone number was gonna have you talk me through it but ill watch it a few times first t.y again