PDA

View Full Version : Looking for HELP!

Flhermit
08-25-2022, 08:01 PM
This is kinda long so grab another beer. I have a project 2011 Express 4500. My Donor parts came from a 2012 Express 3500. All I want to do is put the 4500 back to factory specs and a couple mods (cat delete, traction control delete). The only one I can find locally to do it wants $700. I may be old but I ani't stupid. Can anyone send me down the right path? :mad1: I'm in Florida half way between Cleetus Mcfarland and Kevin Smith (KSR).

LeMarky Dissod
08-26-2022, 01:07 AM
If you're just looking for a tuner, I recommend pcmperformance.com
Excellent reputation for over 16 years.

While you're at it, getting properly tuned would be a far better value.
Even if you sell yourself short and only have the cats and traction control deleted, $250, takes a few days by mail.

If you find anyone local to do it for you, don't pay more than $250 unless a dyno is involved, chease ...

Flhermit
08-26-2022, 01:17 AM
If you're just looking for a tuner, I recommend pcmperformance.com
Excellent reputation for over 16 years.

While you're at it, getting properly tuned would be a far better value.
Even if you sell yourself short and only have the cats and traction control deleted, $250, takes a few days by mail.

If you find anyone local to do it for you, don't pay more than $250 unless a dyno is involved, chease ...

At a little short of 11,000 pounds and 26 feet long I think a dyno is kinda out of the question. I just want the damn cel out.

LeMarky Dissod
08-26-2022, 01:54 AM
At a little short of 11,000 pounds and 26 feet long I think a dyno is kinda out of the question. I just want the damn cel out.Unless it's AWD or 4WD, vehicle length is only an issue if the dyno faces the wrong way AND the space is not long enough.

To paraphrase my previous, I very strongly doubt anyone has ever regretted getting a 'full' tune from pcmperformance for $250.
That said, even if you only want a few codes to be made impossible, more than $250 is too damn high.

In-Tech
08-26-2022, 03:09 AM
Hello,
I can handle that for you for $250 and I have e38 ECM's in stock so your vehicle is not down. PM me if you want to proceed. I'll need your vin # so I can order the stock file and also program the slave modules for your pedal.

Flhermit
08-26-2022, 04:25 AM
Hello,
I can handle that for you for $250 and I have e38 ECM's in stock so your vehicle is not down. PM me if you want to proceed. I'll need your vin # so I can order the stock file and also program the slave modules for your pedal.

Sounds good. That includes the ecm? The program is $45 and the pass thru is $110 (vxnano) I might try it myself. I will keep you in mind if I let the smoke out of mine.
Thanks

In-Tech
08-26-2022, 06:20 AM
The $250 doesn't include the Ecm, I would want the core back. Good luck to you :thumbsup: I didn't know of any freeware for the e38's.

Flhermit
08-26-2022, 05:44 PM
The $250 doesn't include the Ecm, I would want the core back. Good luck to you :thumbsup: I didn't know of any freeware for the e38's.

No freeware? That's what I am trying to sort out. I paid a guy to delete o2's and vats so I have the turner pro file. I also have pc hammer and turner pro software. I have an account with tds (where I got wiring diagrams). My plan was to get the stock tune from TDS edit it and load it in my ecm. My problem is the hardware to get that done. Everything on youtube is 4-5 years old so I'm not sure what I am missing.

Flhermit
08-26-2022, 05:55 PM
Unless it's AWD or 4WD, vehicle length is only an issue if the dyno faces the wrong way AND the space is not long enough.

To paraphrase my previous, I very strongly doubt anyone has ever regretted getting a 'full' tune from pcmperformance for $250.
That said, even if you only want a few codes to be made impossible, more than $250 is too damn high.

My problem is I did this crap for 45 years so when the guy tells me he can't align my car because it needs an $800 master cylinder and booster (not leaking must replace both) I'm not buying it. How do you find someone you can trust for the stuff you can't do yourself?