PDA

View Full Version : ISO: DBC L18 8.1L 12587603 BIN

Sbatista1
08-17-2022, 09:21 AM
Hey guys, so I've only seen one bin for the 8.1l in the 2004 library from a Silverado. I'm pretty certain all of the trucks had DBW setups. I know there were some Express vans that were DBC with the 8.1l and could really use a hand finding a 7603 bin. It would probably be a real unicorn to have the bin as a non electric transmission, but I can always segment swap that pretty easily. Really just trying to not have to copy and paste all the engine parameters into another DBC/Non-E bin. This will be going into my '77 K25 in the near future with an sm465. This motor had the Allison on it with its own controller so MAYBE a transmission segment swap won't be necessary, really no clue right now.

Pulse_GTO
08-18-2022, 11:01 PM
I don't think there was an 8.1 van made in 2004, only the trucks and they had DBW. Take a look at the file posted and see if it's something you could work with.

Sbatista1
08-18-2022, 11:38 PM
Hey thanks Pulse, I'll take a look and compare it to one of the stock bins. I think you are right, after doing some more reading I think the vans had the older PCM. Thanks again man!

Fast355
08-20-2022, 09:18 PM
Hey guys, so I've only seen one bin for the 8.1l in the 2004 library from a Silverado. I'm pretty certain all of the trucks had DBW setups. I know there were some Express vans that were DBC with the 8.1l and could really use a hand finding a 7603 bin. It would probably be a real unicorn to have the bin as a non electric transmission, but I can always segment swap that pretty easily. Really just trying to not have to copy and paste all the engine parameters into another DBC/Non-E bin. This will be going into my '77 K25 in the near future with an sm465. This motor had the Allison on it with its own controller so MAYBE a transmission segment swap won't be necessary, really no clue right now.

ALL road going 8.1s were DBW. Boats were DBC but used the MEFI controller. I have an 01 and 02 8.1L both out of Vans. One in my 99 Tahoe and the other in my 83 G20. Both were DBW and still are. 01-02 Vans and GMT400 01-02 3500HD both used the 0411 and DBW.

Selecting non electronic automatic can be done without a segment swap. I would just get a GMT400 6.5L diesel pedal and go DBW. It is what I used in my 99 Tahoe and my buddy uses on all his 6.0L swapped Squares.

Sbatista1
08-20-2022, 11:44 PM
Hey Fast, after looking through the bin Pulse provided it appears that it is set up for what I need. I was pretty certain I read of some of the Express vans remaining DBC for a few years. Thank you for the pointers though, I'm pretty far into going the DBC route now so I'll be pushing through that direction.

Fast355
08-21-2022, 03:07 AM
Hey Fast, after looking through the bin Pulse provided it appears that it is set up for what I need. I was pretty certain I read of some of the Express vans remaining DBC for a few years. Thank you for the pointers though, I'm pretty far into going the DBC route now so I'll be pushing through that direction.

Yes some of the LS powered vans stayed DBC. ALL 8.1s were DBW. You could start with a DBC 6.0L file and work from it. That being said not all PCMs have IAC drivers for DBC. There are only a few that do. My 5.7L runs on P59 from a 2004 van DBC 6.0L and has a 2005 Mexican GMT800 L31 350 calibration with the 4L80E segment swapped into it.

Sbatista1
08-21-2022, 03:20 PM
Yeah the pcm I have is all good to go for the conversation. The bin Pulse provided looks all kosher and I already did the segment swap for a manual on it...just need to get more parts together for the swap and I think it will be good to go.