PDA

View Full Version : Ghost cam, decel popping exhaust LT1

yoheer
08-05-2022, 06:30 PM
Hey guys, anybody knows how to make a popcorn exhaust on deceleration?
Ghost cam is pretty easy to do. I've done it. Works good. but can't get how to make popping?
I know, I have to do smth with dfco and decel timing. Timing is easy, but what about dfco setup for lt1?

Terminal_Crazy
08-05-2022, 07:19 PM
Hey guys, anybody knows how to make a popcorn exhaust on deceleration?
Ghost cam is pretty easy to do. I've done it. Works good. but can't get how to make popping?
I know, I have to do smth with dfco and decel timing. Timing is easy, but what about dfco setup for lt1?

How about a write up on what you've done to acheive that.

Mitch

yoheer
08-05-2022, 07:44 PM
Idle stabilization timing advance and retard both to 15-20 degrees for ghost cam
Closed tps timing above 1200rpm to 0-10 degrees on ur taste. But i dont like it. It is just a few BANGS instead of popping, so it is required to play aroud DFCO. Im afraid of my muffler explosion. Need somebodys advice.

TriumphR3
08-05-2022, 09:38 PM
Just curious, what is the purpose? I’ve always tried to get rid of decel pop.

yoheer
08-05-2022, 11:26 PM
To make some noise :) just for fun

yoheer
02-03-2023, 08:42 PM
Who knows the algorithm of Traction Control operation?
All I know that it gives a retard upon a request.
What conditions must be met to get a retard?
There are 3 inputs for it in the pcm
1. Retard request-this is clear. Pin to the ground is supposed to pull timing
2. System active-When is it active? Is it always active on KOEO/KOER or must get feedback from TCS/ASR module? (Probably GND)
3. TP signal- Will it operate without this signal or this is requered? If yes what is requered? It seems there is only one output in TCS module to PCM. So it can get throttle position with serial data. Maybe. So it can be logical 1 or 0. Or TP value like 0.5-3.5V

ony
05-10-2023, 09:50 AM
by acciedent if you can get the timming under 0 degrezz it will pop and crack i think,tunning in the drive way deceleration my did and its stock 4.3 with a boat cam and stock exhast sys.

steveo
05-11-2023, 07:11 AM
disable DFCO, reduce timing advance in low MAP columns, and it'll pop, but it would be more efficient to tune the driver to not be a total poser