PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help with data acquisition

motorheadchicago
08-03-2022, 09:42 PM
Hello all im picking back up on my 85 cutlass 5.3 swap, im running 2156 OS. The engine, trans and pcm are all from a 1999 silverado. Ive managed to upload a tune just to get it running but now im stuck i dont necessarily know where to go now that i need to acquire data to continue tuning. I tried using the plugin that came with tuner pro, i downloaded the adx for that plugin but the display is all messed up please help me somebody :confused:

motorheadchicago
08-03-2022, 09:50 PM
also im usuing the obx vt to do all of this. Is there something else i need to handle this operation?

bobcratchet555
08-03-2022, 11:27 PM
is the motor stock? it should run pretty well on the stock tune with VATS disabled.

motorheadchicago
08-04-2022, 03:14 AM
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-8701r1

That’s the cam I’m using. It is idling, sloppy but it’s idling. I just need to be pointed in the direction of how to make the live data stream work.

bobcratchet555
08-04-2022, 10:11 PM
i asked a similar question years back regarding using tuner pro with the obdx pro vt. doesnt seem like anyone has necessarily created to appropriate definitions to make this make sense.

i personally use PCMlogger, which is the companion to pcmhammer. it works well with the obdx pro vt.

hope that helps.

motorheadchicago
08-04-2022, 11:49 PM
i asked a similar question years back regarding using tuner pro with the obdx pro vt. doesnt seem like anyone has necessarily created to appropriate definitions to make this make sense.

i personally use PCMlogger, which is the companion to pcmhammer. it works well with the obdx pro vt.

hope that helps.

I did notice pcmlogger was working but there are parameter profiles for that too right?