PDA

View Full Version : Please help - Checksum error in Tuner Pro

Ellistuner
07-24-2022, 05:18 PM
Hello guys,

I am a newbie so go easy on me. My first experience with LS Droid and Tuner pro was successful, I think. Now I am having trouble in saving my modified bin file. I have ECM with OS 12593058 from a 03 Suburban 4x4. I am trying to flash that to the 12587603 because of the availability of the 603 bin and xdf files. I have read this is possible but I don't know exactly how to do it. I have downloaded the "04 Chevy 1500 4x2 LM7 12878603.bin" file from Bored truck Owner's depository and I am using the "XDF - file Operating Systems 12587603 - 1Mb PCM - 2004 model year.xdf" See screenshot.

I have tried other bins and other xdfs but always get the "Error - One or more checksums could not be updated. Check checksum addressing etc, for validity" I tried adding the "1 Mb PCM OS checksum Plugin.dll" to my plugin directory and I still get this error. It does however seem to save the file because the * goes away in the bin file name but I am worried it is really not saving or will cause other problems if I try and hook this up to the vehicle. I am currently using a bench harness setup so it is not on the truck yet.

What am I doing wrong? I can't figure it out. Can you help me please?