PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

dndwats
06-15-2022, 07:22 PM
HI. My project is a 94 GMC Sonoma 4.3 Vin W Vortec with the 4L60E Tranny. This vehicle has been a workhorse for many years and has always started on the first crank and passed emissions in Arizona with flying colors, until recently. I had a wire for the O2 sensor break and did some rewiring to restore the connection (The wiring harness is between the engine and the firewall). The vehicle's performance continued to degrade until it was almost undrivable. Next I pulled the engine so I could repair the wiring harness. While I had it out I replaced all the sensors, plugs and distributor electronics. It's an old vehicle and I figured why not while I had it out. After reinstalling the engine, it ran better but still reported rich mixture using a jumper and the check engine light. Replaced the injectors, injector fuel lines and fuel regulator. There's not much not new now except the rings, bearings and computer. I have TunerPro RT and want to see how the computer is functioning, but can't find a BiN file for the vehicle. Having searched the internet, this forum seems to be the only place that may have one. I'm new to using TunerPro and learning as I go.
I know I have been a parts changer instead of a diagnostician up to this point and I hate parts changers, but diagnostics on pre OBD2 vehicles is getting really difficult.
Gone are the days of replacing the plugs and filing the points.
Thanks for letting me in this forum. I may not have a lot to contribute besides my sad story, but now perhaps I can find the BIN and decide if I need a new computer too. I understand the majority of computers turned in as cores are not actually defective.
So, here goes.