PDA

View Full Version : EBL Flash P4 can't get VE learn to work right...

Blown WS6
04-19-2022, 05:15 PM
So every time I do a VE learn, I'm doing it via my WBO2 and only the top right of the tables will adjust. I noticed when it will learn the cell highlight is green. Everywhere else the cell highlight turns orange and won't adjust. I have the WB selected for VE learns in the preferences screen on the general setup and the min CTS set to 125 deg F and the max CTS set to 220 deg F with a smoothing factor of 4. In the ADC channels I have the AEM WBO2 selected on Channel 0 where the WB button is pressed. I have the Closed Loop Enable set to 150 deg C so it stays in open loop the whole time but I notice that it is still going into closed loop and when any PE or AE is active it won't learn. I had the tune pretty dead on doing manual adjustments and data logging but then I bumped my AFRP up another 5psi because my Duty Cycle % on the injectors was getting over 90% at the top of WOT and I wanted to give myself more wiggle room since it needed a little more fuel on the 95 and 100 load columns.

What else do I need to change to get the VE learns to adjust properly on the rest of the table?

dave w
04-19-2022, 07:34 PM
Maybe there is minimum number of data points / recorded data per cell before a VE Learn will be calculated?

Blown WS6
04-19-2022, 08:01 PM
Maybe there is minimum number of data points / recorded data per cell before a VE Learn will be calculated?

Well... I just learned that I changed the wrong Scalar to force open loop. I changed the Warm Timer CTS Threshold and not the CTS threshold. Let me go out and try that and see if that worked. :facepalm:

Blown WS6
04-19-2022, 11:56 PM

Ok so that did it but I still notice you have to stay in a cell for like a full second before it will learn a cell. This makes some cells that are hard to stay in for any time non learnable. Like the lower RPM range of 100% load. Is there a setting to change that?

ralmo94
04-20-2022, 01:17 AM
Ok so that did it but I still notice you have to stay in a cell for like a full second before it will learn a cell. This makes some cells that are hard to stay in for any time non learnable. Like the lower RPM range of 100% load. Is there a setting to change that?

You MAY just have to manually tune those sections. With wideband, it's fairly easy using lambda scale.
To get lambda, divide AFR by 14.7 example 15afr divided by 14.7 = lambda 1.02 multiply that cell by 1.02.
That adds the 2% that you were lean.

PlayingWithTBI
04-20-2022, 05:46 PM
Well... I just learned that I changed the wrong Scalar to force open loop. I changed the Warm Timer CTS Threshold and not the CTS threshold. Let me go out and try that and see if that worked. :facepalm:

One trick is pull a trailer or drag your brakes. Otherwise you may have to smooth out your VE tables as mentioned above.