PDA

View Full Version : Xdf help

blakebird93
03-24-2022, 03:46 AM
Really struggling to find an xdf for a 12212156 os. The one on github is just text and i cannot download it. Is there another xdf that will work? Or a known good 12212156 xdf?

ralmo94
03-24-2022, 05:55 AM
Here is an old one from pcmhacking.net.
I use HP for obd2, so I can't say its good. I have looked through it before, and looks valid
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rLA7Lj5FGmVne8Fvy2xINswDtBjSASao/view?usp=sharing

blakebird93
03-24-2022, 04:05 PM
Thats ok ill give it a try. I havent purchased hpt yet. But i have 2 p01s. One im going to use as a test mule for tunerpro until i get hpt. So if i brick it i dont mind. I found a few xdfs so far but i either get non sense numbers or major os issues that dont make sense (shows its a manual when its an auto)

ralmo94
03-24-2022, 04:34 PM
Thats ok ill give it a try. I havent purchased hpt yet. But i have 2 p01s. One im going to use as a test mule for tunerpro until i get hpt. So if i brick it i dont mind. I found a few xdfs so far but i either get non sense numbers or major os issues that dont make sense (shows its a manual when its an auto)

Honestly, if you get open source stuff working properly, I don't know that I would invest in HP.
I got mine primarily for a Dodge project that I ended not proceeding with.
You might check out universal patcher. I'm not sure of support for 2156 os, but you definitely could change os with open source tools.
Hpt if you write a complete file from another vehicle, I believe you now have to license that vehicle. I never have tried it cause I didn't want to waste the license credits. Gm open source stuff has come a long way since I invested in HP.

ralmo94
03-24-2022, 07:09 PM
Also I downloaded Universal Patcher and a 2156 bin from the obd2 section here on gearhead, and wanted to report that the bin looks to be tunable with universal patcher, and I was also able to generate an XDF with it for use with tuner Pro. I opened the bin and XDF in tuner pro, and WOW:yikes: Looks like there is a lot going on in that bin. XDF and universal patcher has a lot of stuff defined. Way more than HPT. It also was easy to find Speedometer settings, Ve tables, ect.

Hope that helps anyone looking for a 2156 XDF, or segment swaps and such.

Pulse_GTO
03-24-2022, 08:22 PM
Attached is the most complete version I have.

blakebird93
03-24-2022, 08:47 PM
Awesome! I mean if it works and i can navigate it well without issues yeah ill stick with it. Just wanted it to get the car to idle normally for now until i get hpt. Well see how it goes ive found a few links for 156 xdfs and most dont work, wont download, incomplete, or fills the tables with nonsense. I was able to download those just fine on my phone so im excited to try them tonight on my laptop. Side note, whats the checksum plug in for and how do i use it? Never had things like that back when the car ran on obd1 software. So its new territory for me.

ralmo94
03-24-2022, 08:59 PM
Here is a link to one I found on this site that has been tested and refined. Have you tried it yet? I have downloaded it, and it appears valid.
Again I have not personally used it so I have no REAL experience with it.
Check sum needs to be updated when changes are made. Instructions should be in the following thread.
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?5894-2002-OS-12212156-xdf
If you get checksum errors, Universal Patcher is supposed to fix them.

Pulse_GTO
03-24-2022, 11:35 PM
Awesome! I mean if it works and i can navigate it well without issues yeah ill stick with it. Just wanted it to get the car to idle normally for now until i get hpt. Well see how it goes ive found a few links for 156 xdfs and most dont work, wont download, incomplete, or fills the tables with nonsense. I was able to download those just fine on my phone so im excited to try them tonight on my laptop. Side note, whats the checksum plug in for and how do i use it? Never had things like that back when the car ran on obd1 software. So its new territory for me.

Just copy the checksum file to your TunerPro Plugins folder, the software will then use it to calculate the checksums.

blakebird93
03-25-2022, 03:46 AM
It worked, but i still don't understand why it thinks its a manual trans. I flashed the p01 at work (im a dealer tech for gm) and used a vin with an auto and tunerpro thinks its manual when i load the bin to this xdf

ralmo94
03-25-2022, 03:49 AM
It worked, but i still don't understand why it thinks its a manual trans. I flashed the p01 at work (im a dealer tech for gm) and used a vin with an auto and tunerpro thinks its manual when i load the bin to this xdf

There should be 3 XDF's referenced in this thread. Do they all agree manual trans, and GM tech # ( whatever the current number is ) says auto?
What does Universal Patcher say?

blakebird93
03-25-2022, 04:28 AM
Holy crap im dumb lol. I had a manual file saved as a similar name as the actual auto file from my car... Soo its fixed.. Xdf works great. Appreciate it big time!

ralmo94
03-25-2022, 04:43 AM
What project was getting an 0411 swap? Curriousity,

blakebird93
03-25-2022, 05:49 AM
Its a 93 firebird lt1. Has a torqhead signal kit 24x/1x. Using a 0411 pcm to run it. Built my harness myself since torqhead doesnt make a plug and play harness for 93s. Efi connection does, but its over 1k$

I have like 300$ invested into the whole project. Sold the 93 eprom ecm for 500$, bought the signal kit from torqhead for 650, bought an Ls harness for 50$ and modified it, coils were free from a buddy, repurposed the opti plug wires by adding Ls coil ends, and i think thats it besides a few odds and ends. 0411 was 50$ from a junkyard. Got another p01 for free, the other part # from an fbody before the 0411 came about. Still a 512kb p01. Now with this xdf ill attempt to get it to idle tomorrow a little better.

ralmo94
03-26-2022, 10:32 PM
Sounds fun. Is it a toy, or going to be a daily driver?

blakebird93
03-26-2022, 10:48 PM
In the summer its both. Im.having a heck of a time making it idle and work properly. The sheer amount of tables and modifiers that im not used to from obd1 is just insane. Almost tempted to buy hpt and let someone tune it for me

ralmo94
03-26-2022, 10:57 PM
Do you have a wide band? Have you tried running open loop?
Hp is nice, but not everything is always labeled correctly, or defined.
What does it do at idle?

blakebird93
03-26-2022, 11:06 PM
So i itially i used the factory Ls firebird calibration. All i did was adjust commanded idle rpm to reasonable levels for a cam. Started, took a bit, then idled fine around 11 afr. Too rich obviously. Didn't let it get up to temp so not sure if.my issue is else where, or self inflicted. But what it does is i adjusted base airflow based on hp tuners videos, and adjusted my injector flow, and now itll idle nice around 13.5 cold start, then after 30 seconds starts bucking really bad, afr jumps from stoich to 18, then eventually drops to 23 afr and will stumble out and die.

ralmo94
03-26-2022, 11:10 PM
Sounds to me like the injector settings are wrong then when it goes closed loop it has way to much of a swing.
Are you sure the injector settings are correct for your fuel pressure?
Does that sound plausible to you?

blakebird93
03-26-2022, 11:22 PM
No this is open loop, i dont even have heated o2s yet.

ralmo94
03-26-2022, 11:28 PM
No this is open loop, i dont even have heated o2s yet.

Have you tried failing the MAF and dialing in the VE tables?
Is the commanded AFR stoich?

blakebird93
03-27-2022, 12:05 AM
Maf is failed yes, my car is a 93 and never had one so i didnt want to buy one. Plus ve makes more sense to me. I dont see commanded afr. Its gotta be some kind of after start decay or maybe its still trying to go closed loop. But even so, closed loop will see the unhooked o2s showing 450mv, so no fuel correction should be going on. For obd1i only ever had to crack the idle set screw open a turn, set base timing table (theres only 1) to 18, then adjusted idle ve. Done.

ralmo94
03-27-2022, 12:12 AM
Maf is failed yes, my car is a 93 and never had one so i didnt want to buy one. Plus ve makes more sense to me. I dont see commanded afr. Its gotta be some kind of after start decay or maybe its still trying to go closed loop. But even so, closed loop will see the unhooked o2s showing 450mv, so no fuel correction should be going on. For obd1i only ever had to crack the idle set screw open a turn, set base timing table (theres only 1) to 18, then adjusted idle ve. Done.

To run open loop correctly you need to disable closed loop.
There should be a table for the commanded ratio. In HP I think it's called open loop fuel air Ratio.
Values should be between something like 0.80 -1.10. And referenced to Engine temp, and vacuum kpa. I would change all to 1 at about 100deg F and above.
Minimum temp for closed loop set to max
There is another option for short term fuel trim in open loop. Make sure it's disabled
Might also set maximum and minimum fuel trims to 0

If it doesn't see O2 oculation, it can try to get it to. Obd2 doesn't like O2 signal stagnant.
That's what I would start with,

ralmo94
03-27-2022, 12:20 AM
. I dont see commanded afr. Its gotta be some kind of after start decay or maybe its still trying to go closed loop. But even so, closed loop will see the unhooked o2s showing 450mv, so no fuel correction should be going on.

What are you using for data logging?
Is it verified fuel trims at 0?

blakebird93
03-27-2022, 02:37 AM
Just a snap on scanner to check on things no actual logger yet. Trims are zero its open loop and they get reset after the flash.

ralmo94
03-27-2022, 03:11 AM
Just a snap on scanner to check on things no actual logger yet. Trims are zero its open loop and they get reset after the flash.

Kinda hard to say where to go without a log, but there should be a read out for desired AFR eq ratio or lambda

blakebird93
03-27-2022, 04:13 AM
I found the open loop table you talked about. In that xdf its open loop commanded fuel. Everything looks normal no lean spots

ralmo94
03-27-2022, 04:29 AM
So are you able to flash it, or do you have to use tools from work to flash?

blakebird93
03-27-2022, 06:01 AM
Here i am over Thinking stuff again... I had forced it speed density, did everything correct. Except one thing. I disabled the dtc processor for maf, not the mil only. Well if the maf codes are disabled, it never fails, then never goes into sd, and tries to use the maf even though i dont have one. So once afterstart decay timed out, it tried using the maf value (0hz cuz its not there) for fuel. Hence the max lean stalling. Fixed that and it idles fantastic and its not even dialed in the ve table yet. Man its always the little things.

ralmo94
03-27-2022, 06:04 AM
Here i am over Thinking stuff again... I had forced it speed density, did everything correct. Except one thing. I disabled the dtc processor for maf, not the mil only. Well if the maf codes are disabled, it never fails, then never goes into sd, and tries to use the maf even though i dont have one. So once afterstart decay timed out, it tried using the maf value (0hz cuz its not there) for fuel. Hence the max lean stalling. Fixed that and it idles fantastic and its not even dialed in the ve table yet. Man its always the little things.

Awesome. Glad you figured it out
Now you just need to be able to log it.

blakebird93
03-27-2022, 11:15 PM
Yeah dont think i can use the mdi to log with in tunerpro

ralmo94
03-28-2022, 03:26 AM
Yeah I couldn't say. Never had one.
You might be able to use an elm327 though. I seen an elm327 adx on here somewhere before.
You always got the torque app and such.
As long as you have a csv, you can use trimalyzer.

blakebird93
03-28-2022, 05:26 PM
Yeah i used to use scan9495 for my 93 and trimalyzer was real.slick. wish there were similar free softwares for data logging obd2