PDA

View Full Version : Trouble connecting 1320 BT ALDL OBD1 adapter to TunerPro RT

Theodore
02-11-2022, 09:13 PM
Trouble connecting 1320 BT ALDL OBD1 adapter to TunerPro RT

Have been using the 1320 Electronics 12-pin OBD1 Bluetooth Adapter for a couple of years now with an Amazon Fire Tablet & ALDLdroid to tune the TBI on our 1990 Grand Wagoneer. Had never tried to use it with Windows / TunerPro RT until last weekend & have had a fit trying to get this configuration to work. After extensive searching online & playing w/BlueTooth settings/re-installed drivers/deleted/re-paired/defined COM ports - i have it paired to my laptop successfully on COM4, and defined to TunerPro RT as such; but, i'm unable to get TunerPro RT to recognize & connect to it. I saw this thread: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?7652-Trouble-connecting-1320-BT-ALDL-to-tunerproRT&highlight=tunerpro%20bluetooth, which aligns with what i'm seeing. Saw & followed John@1320's recommendation to change the baud rate from 4800 to 9600; all dip switches are Off. Am seeing the status change from "DA: Not Connected" to "DA: Connecting..." back to "DA: Not Connected" quickly, when attempting to connect. Wondering where else to look? Would love to pull a data log this weekend.

Back story: went w/the bluetooth option, as the PO's mechanic wired up the system all under the hood, so a cable'd version is a no-go, without a major re-wire. Am looking at doing that, but wanted to get the TBI to a known good place, before doing so.

12 Pin ALDL OBD1 Bluetooth Scanner / Code Reader / Adapter (MK II)
Link: http://www.1320electronics.com/12pin_ALDL_BT_MK2.html

Theodore
02-13-2022, 04:36 PM
After much travail, i've decided to go a different & what appears to be a much more reliable direction. It seems Windows 10 OS security changes over the last 2-3 years have complicated the issue w/using Arduino HC-05-based Bluetooth adapters. Have read thru what it takes to build my own ALDL USB cable & rather than adding yet another project & time delays associated with it - I decided to go with one from Red Devil River: https://reddevilriver.com/aldl.html, along with a 10-foot USB cable from Amazon. To prepare for moving the ECM into the cabin, I've got the A/C box & hoses out, so i can run the USB cable thru the firewall & into the cabin. Will post up the results, once i've received everything & tested it.

Will hold onto the 1320 Bluetooth adapter for use with the Fire tablet.

Theodore
02-28-2022, 04:09 AM
Took a week to receive the Red Devil River ALDL USB cable, and it worked like a charm out of the box. Am using this w/a 1227747 ECM & the only weird thing involved the 10K resistor; having it enabled raised the idle significantly (1500 in Park/Neutral) IAC showed 145 for most of the drive; Took a bit of Googling to figure out that the 10K resistor should be disabled. Disabled the 10K resistor this morning & ran out for a quick test to verify & we were back to normal idle. HOpefully, i can get out & pull a legit data log tomorrow.