PDA

View Full Version : ready for my first tune

kunsan1987
07-18-2012, 02:21 AM
I'm just about ready to start on my VE tables and i have 1 question (to start).i've read that i should combine ve1 and ve2 together i understand that,but does it stay combined in the bin file or do i need to seperate them after making my adjustments to burn onto the chip?

this is a current log file only egr turned off and 1 or 2 other settings.if anyone has any suggestions/see's anything obvious messed up, fire away.

thanks,Jim

EagleMark
07-18-2012, 02:31 AM
They just stay together in VE1, VE2 is all 0, then any adjusments are made to VE1.

Your log is not bad, little rich in areas, absolutly no knock counts so if knock sensor is working and your starting with stock timing table you could add some timing. It usually leans things out.

kunsan1987
07-19-2012, 03:18 AM
Thank you,the knock sensor is new and working so i'll try 2 degrees to start.i can add to all cells except idle spark correct?

In dave's spreadsheet do i use averaged blm table or without avgerage?

EagleMark
07-19-2012, 04:05 AM
No, don't touch idle spark or decel spark, also smooth tables. Use the Spark Advance Hack in XDF to bin so you can data log spark advance, be careful!
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?984-Adding-spark-and-a-forced-knock-test

VE1 and VE2 fueling:
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?1024-7747-ve1-ve2

The history average makes less of a change, I don't know exactly how it works. If you've been reading here I gave away a speedy way to get BLM in order?

Quick tutorial, add VE2 to VE1, 0 out VE2, Smooth VE1 table!!! Warm up engine, drive vehicle, stop, disconnect power to ECM, start engine, closed loop, start data log, 3 to 5 minute drive, use non avarage on Daves spreadsheet. Smooth table from adjustments up and down, not adjusted cells... rinse and repeat...

EDIT: Do not use TPS% hack when tuning spark! It will cause knock counts to be wrong data/FALSE!

kunsan1987
07-20-2012, 04:28 AM
thanks so far so good.but i have not blown anything up in a while.