PDA

View Full Version : Thank you!

1project2many
01-05-2022, 03:51 AM
1-4-22

Site migration is complete. Thanks to everyone who offered help. Your patience and generosity is truly appreciated.

It appears some accounts created after 11:00 am on 1-3-22 were not able to be recovered. If your username / email is not recognized it's very likely your account needs to be recreated. We apologize for any inconvenience.

steveo
01-05-2022, 02:27 PM
i have to say, i felt some terror. a lot of sites like this just go down for maintenance one day and never come back.... thanks for keeping it going

spfautsch
01-05-2022, 04:09 PM
Seconding steveo's comment. Having dealt with moving some wordpress sites from large hosting farms, I've seen firsthand what some of them call a backup and it's frightening.

1project2many
01-05-2022, 04:17 PM
Agreed! The hosting service had said they would be flipping the switch on new servers after 1/1. No problem... Except they'd failed to say they copied the files to the server back in July. I was lucky to get someone willing to help move database files from the old server. I think the scrap guys were unplugging it when I called... :laugh:

Edit: No wordpress here. Ugh... I grew up coding by hand. It's hard to throw away the abacus!

steveo
01-07-2022, 05:50 AM
so ever since the upgrade, this thing happens when i reply to a post. it complains that i'm replying too soon and need to wait. so i wait and reply, at which point it posts twice. the page also gets super glitchy when this happens. anyone else see that or is it just me ?

here's some screenshots...

1project2many
01-07-2022, 11:37 PM
Not just you. Working on finding the root cause. <sigh>

kilohertz
01-08-2022, 10:58 PM
Thanks for all your work 1P2M! Good job.

I too am seeing this issue, and one more problem...I am unable to edit my posts now, and with my bad typing and such, it becomes essential. :innocent2:

I am using Chrome.

Cheers

1project2many
01-08-2022, 11:43 PM
Sorry folks... it could take a bit but I am working on it.

For a temporary workaround try selecting "go advanced" when editing. That seems to work.