PDA

View Full Version : Odd results from first time reflashing

persingc
12-07-2021, 02:08 AM
So this is more of a tuning question I assume than PCMHammer. I pulled a bin with it from an 2002 2500 silverado used the correct xdf to change tire size and flashed it back. It tripped security and would quit immediately. Flashed it back to the stock bin still tripped it. Flashed it a 3rd time turning off vats and it will run but security is displaying on the display, high beam indicator isn't working, and check engine light doesn't illuminate when you just turn the key to the on position.

B52Bombardier1
12-07-2021, 02:12 AM
What OS BIN number? PCM Hammer is not a tune OS editor - it is only a writer. What did you use to edit the tune and did you have the correct *.DLL file for proper checksums?

Rick

persingc
12-07-2021, 02:26 AM
OS-12212156. Tunerpro with the XDf from the below link. I was under the impression that the checksum was only an issue if changing OS not just calibrations. After the first issue I did try the fix checksum option in Universal Patcher which looked like the checksum didn't change. I appreciate any help. I've messed around with a pcm on my bench harness but this was my first try in a running\driving vehicle.

http://gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?5894-2002-OS-12212156-xdf

persingc
12-07-2021, 03:02 AM
we found a blown fuse that seems to have caused the high beam indicator and security being displays on the cluster. Still not sure why it tripped security to begin with.

persingc
12-07-2021, 05:12 AM
Well I did find this out which again I'm still puzzled about. That compare is the same 2 files. The binary compare is the one showing the difference.

RD_Atlanta
12-24-2021, 09:44 PM
I'm about to try PC Hammer for the first time, were you able to figure out why it tripped the security flag?

persingc
12-24-2021, 10:07 PM
I'm about to try PC Hammer for the first time, were you able to figure out why it tripped the security flag?

Well I'm not 100% sure but I believe either it was that fuse being blown OR I was missing the OS checksum dll when I made the calibration change. I wouldn't have thought the dll would have mattered but I haben't had a chance to test since it wasn't my vehicle.