PDA

View Full Version : Mother of all 7603 XDF files

persingc
11-27-2021, 08:06 AM
Final build is posted. I'm not saying it's 100% but it's been pretty thoroughly vetted. That being said if you do find an error please let me know. Unless there is something major I missed there won't be any continued work on it except for error correction if needed.

Credits in no order to DzidaV8, Snowman, NSFW, Antus, Bored, Universal Patcher, Phoenix and myself.

I had to zip the xdf as it exceeded the forums size limit.

Errors corrected 6/24/2022

steveo
11-28-2021, 09:44 PM
that's a very good XDF. i can tell even though you aren't hacking new parameters you spent a lot of time making things right.

i love it when people maintain strong categories so they're easily navigated by people who might not be able to guess at the parameter names. there are so few XDFs that do that, and often when people take a 'clean well organized' xdf and start modifying it the categories go out the window

one thing i wish is the 'level' system in tunerpro was a bit better. this is one of the xdfs that has become so large that no matter how well labelled or organized it is, it can be intimidating to read and find things. i've often thought using an 'advanced' sub category under each heading could be helpful.

persingc
11-29-2021, 06:53 AM
I appreciate it. I just uploaded a new version as I added several fields. I'm well over 40 hours into these files. I'm not scripting any of it, so I make sure not to miss any fields.

yoheer
11-29-2021, 01:03 PM
Is it possible to make an option for switching from US to Metric?
Or you have the same Metric version xdf?

persingc
11-29-2021, 04:15 PM
Is it possible to make an option for switching from US to Metric?
Or you have the same Metric version xdf?

Sorry but I have no plans to make a metric version, but it shouldn't be too time consuming if you use snowman's as a reference and search on the memmaddress since his is in metric.

NSFW
12-09-2021, 08:53 AM
This is fantastic. I just switched my car from a P01 to a P59, so your timing couldn't be better. :)

Thanks for doing this!

And thanks for posting it unlocked. That will let me (and anyone else who wants to do reverse engineering) use the data in it to annotate disassembled code, and also contribute new parameters back into it.

persingc
12-09-2021, 09:17 PM
I didn't break any new ground so no reason to lock it. Besides the hole point is to open up flashing. I honestly wish tunerpro wouldn't even have the option to lock them.

coldsteelmike
12-20-2021, 12:51 AM
This is a great. The only item I've found that needed tweaking was your Fan #2 Turn On Coolant Temp IS NOT set up as Fahrenheit and remains as Celsius.

NSFW
12-20-2021, 08:21 AM
I've done 3 things here:

1) Moved the ETC-related parameters out of the idle section and into a new "Electronic Throttle Control" section under the Engine Calibration section.
2) Added two PTO parameters to a new "Power Take-Off" section.
3) Replaced the checksum stuff with what was in DzidaV8's XDF, because it uses built-in Tuner Pro checksum code rather than a DLL.

The data in table B6614, "Max Torque By RPM Vs Fuel E%" looks to me like the XDF should have two more rows in each E% column, but I haven't figured out how to fix that.

persingc
12-20-2021, 11:28 PM
DOH! I'll look at the fan#2 tonight.

persingc
12-20-2021, 11:29 PM
Good deal. I'll what else I can find about B6614.

persingc
12-21-2021, 03:25 AM
EFI Live shows the same for B6614 but I agree it looks odd.17373

I also found another parameter that was set to Celsius so I'm going to take some more time and search through again to make sure I didn't miss any more. I want to apologize to everyone for some many versions. I guess I should of studied up more before posting.

coldsteelmike
12-21-2021, 11:21 PM
EFI Live shows the same for B6614 but I agree it looks odd.17373

I also found another parameter that was set to Celsius so I'm going to take some more time and search through again to make sure I didn't miss any more. I want to apologize to everyone for some many versions. I guess I should of studied up more before posting.

No need to apologize. That's what the community is for. Good path we're down with your help.

Thanks again!

coldsteelmike
12-21-2021, 11:31 PM
I've done 3 things here:

1) Moved the ETC-related parameters out of the idle section and into a new "Electronic Throttle Control" section under the Engine Calibration section.
2) Added two PTO parameters to a new "Power Take-Off" section.
3) Replaced the checksum stuff with what was in DzidaV8's XDF, because it uses built-in Tuner Pro checksum code rather than a DLL.

The data in table B6614, "Max Torque By RPM Vs Fuel E%" looks to me like the XDF should have two more rows in each E% column, but I haven't figured out how to fix that.

Speaking of ETC parameters; is there any way that we could get the 'Parameter Comment' section filled in for these two (ETC Option & ETC Present) flags?

I'd do it myself, but I am unsure of what they do. I've found contradiction in their setting and the 'Vehicle Platform Options' table that outlines that a PCM Calibration does indeed have Electronic Throttle Control present.

Thanks for any direction you can provide.

persingc
12-22-2021, 02:59 AM
Speaking of ETC parameters; is there any way that we could get the 'Parameter Comment' section filled in for these two (ETC Option & ETC Present) flags?

I'd do it myself, but I am unsure of what they do. I've found contradiction in their setting and the 'Vehicle Platform Options' table that outlines that a PCM Calibration does indeed have Electronic Throttle Control present.

Thanks for any direction you can provide.

Download the new Version4.zip from the top of the page. I think I pulled those when I saw they weren't correct.
I'm bad about forgetting the Parameter comments. I'll see if I can pull them in a bit... and as much as it pains me make a Version 5.

coldsteelmike
12-22-2021, 09:22 PM
10-4. I see it's gone.

I'll be flashing my PCM for my LS Swap here soon. Going for a first fire before Christmas.

NSFW
12-23-2021, 12:01 AM
Don't worry about extra versions. It's great that you're still iterating on it.

It's not reasonable for anyone to expect something this big and this complicated to be perfect on the first shot.

persingc
12-24-2021, 05:11 AM
10-4. I see it's gone.

I'll be flashing my PCM for my LS Swap here soon. Going for a first fire before Christmas.

Version 5 with additional ETC parameters and comments.

coldsteelmike
12-25-2021, 11:00 PM
Solid!

Merry Christmas to All!

persingc
12-26-2021, 04:06 AM
Solid!

Merry Christmas to All!

How did your first fire up go?

coldsteelmike
12-26-2021, 04:36 AM
How did your first fire up go?

It went off without a hitch. Removed fuel pump relay, cranked engine over with starter until I showed oil pressure on the gauge. Replaced relay, and primed a couple times with the key set in Run. Twisted her to start and she fired up strong and idled down perfectly. All well!

persingc
12-26-2021, 05:34 AM
It went off without a hitch. Removed fuel pump relay, cranked engine over with starter until I showed oil pressure on the gauge. Replaced relay, and primed a couple times with the key set in Run. Twisted her to start and she fired up strong and idled down perfectly. All well!

PM sent.

persingc
01-01-2022, 05:48 AM
There is currently an issue with several parameters under the fueling heading. Please do NOT attempt to make changes there. Once I get them fixed I'll post up a new version and it will also include a few new parameters.

persingc
01-08-2022, 07:28 AM
There is currently an issue with several parameters under the fueling heading. Please do NOT attempt to make changes there. Once I get them fixed I'll post up a new version and it will also include a few new parameters.

Most all issues have been resolved in version 7. I moved it to the link below. Please look at the readme file as well as there are a couple issues still. I can't currently update the original post but will once that is worked out.

https://github.com/persingc/12587603

Again if you find a problem please let me know.

persingc
01-08-2022, 07:28 AM

Most all issues have been resolved in version 7. I moved it to the link below. Please look at the readme file as well as there are a couple issues still. I can't currently update the original post but will once that is worked out.

https://github.com/persingc/12587603

persingc
01-10-2022, 05:14 AM
Version 8 is now available at the link above. All diagnostic fields have been verified\fixed, All parameters sorted, previous issues resolved, and a few descriptions added.

persingc
01-10-2022, 05:14 AM
Version 8 is now available at the link above. All diagnostic fields have been verified\fixed, All parameters sorted, previous issues resolved, and a few descriptions added.

B52Bombardier1
01-10-2022, 06:14 AM
Hello,

OK, I must be some kind of idiot but I can't seem to download Version 8 from the github site. I can get a text web page version of it but nothing packed into a standard 1.42 megabyte usable XDF file.

Clueless here. What am I doing wrong?

Rick

persingc
01-10-2022, 06:42 AM
Hello,

OK, I must be some kind of idiot but I can't seem to download Version 8 from the github site. I can get a text web page version of it but nothing packed into a standard 1.42 megabyte usable XDF file.

Rick
Try right clicking the file and selecting save target as. Worse case copy all of the text and save it into a txt file and then change the file extension from txt to xdf

Midnightmechanic
01-12-2022, 11:55 AM
same

Midnightmechanic
01-12-2022, 11:56 AM
Hello,

Rick

same

Midnightmechanic
01-12-2022, 11:57 AM
Hello,

Rick

same

Midnightmechanic
01-12-2022, 12:04 PM
ok didnt mean to double post but anyway. got it to work right click save link as your folder should appear well im on a laptop but you it will auto save it as an xdf for you mine did at least

B52Bombardier1
01-13-2022, 04:33 AM
My copy of that XDF continues to show up as a text file even though it has an XDF extension. Tuner Pro RT won't recognize it.

Rick

B52Bombardier1
01-13-2022, 04:34 AM
My copy of that XDF continues to show up as a text file even though it has an XDF extension. Tuner Pro RT won't recognize it.

Rick

persingc
01-13-2022, 04:50 AM

Rick

That tells me you need to go into windows control panel, folder options and turn on viewing file extensions. I bet once done your file will show filename.xdf.txt where it needs to be filename.xdf.

Midnightmechanic
01-13-2022, 07:31 AM
My folder will show it “save as xdf” but when I go over to tuner pro and hit select xdf it takes me to my files but says tuner pro can’t open this file I can’t remember exactly it’s says UD8 error or something.

Midnightmechanic
01-13-2022, 07:31 AM
My folder will show it “save as xdf” but when I go over to tuner pro and hit select xdf it takes me to my files but says tuner pro can’t open this file I can’t remember exactly it’s says UD8 error or something.

Midnightmechanic
01-14-2022, 05:21 AM

B52Bombardier1
01-14-2022, 04:01 PM
I turned on the folder options as suggested and its got an XDF externsion, not txt. Still doesn't work here. Can it be posted again at the top of this thread rather than always at the github location, please?

Rick

persingc
01-14-2022, 05:50 PM
I turned on the folder options as suggested and its got an XDF externsion, not txt. Still doesn't work here. Can it be posted again at the top of this thread rather than always at the github location, please?

Rick

There is currently a problem with the forum that won't let posts be edited. Once it's fixed I will.

persingc
01-15-2022, 03:29 AM
After clicking on the file you should see the page below17415 click download which should then bring up this screen17416 right click on the blank area and choose "Save as" 17417 in the box that comes up change the filename and save as type to look like this. 17418 I've downloaded it and verified it works.

trlrider
01-15-2022, 05:45 AM
peshingc: Thank You for all the hard work you have done with this .xdf.
Have taken the last 6 months or so off from learning tuning and playing with the P59's, and looking forward to setting my AV up using this new .xdf.

persingc
01-15-2022, 06:00 AM
peshingc: Thank You for all the hard work you have done with this .xdf.
Have taken the last 6 months or so off from learning tuning and playing with the P59's, and looking forward to setting my AV up using this new .xdf.

Your welcome. I'm just glad I'm able to contribute because I'm certain I'll be asking a hundred tuning questions.

B52Bombardier1
01-15-2022, 07:13 AM
Hello,

I really do thank you for the XDF and I will eventually grab a good copy of version 8. But not just yet. The attachment is what I get when I try to use it in Tuner Pro RT.

Rick

persingc
01-15-2022, 07:40 AM
Hello,

I really do thank you for the XDF and I will eventually grab a good copy of version 8. But not just yet. The attachment is what I get when I try to use it in Tuner Pro RT.

Rick

There must be a new release of tuner pro you don't have yet. I just updated this week but didn't realize it would cause problems with older versions. I'll look into it over the weekend.

B52Bombardier1
01-15-2022, 02:45 PM
Hello,

And no worries, I had no idea so I downloaded the 11 January, 2022 new version of Tuner Pro RT (I was at the May 2021 version) and your new version 8 XDF works perfectly. No need for you to change your code when we all need to keep up with Tuner Pro.

Again, I appreciate your efforts and the difficulty you have gone through.

Rick

trlrider
01-16-2022, 04:42 AM
Hello,

And no worries, I had no idea so I downloaded the 11 January, 2022 new version of Tuner Pro RT (I was at the May 2021 version) and your new version 8 XDF works perfectly. No need for you to change your code when we all need to keep up with Tuner Pro.

Rick

Wow, glad you found the issue before I started mine up tomorrow. I too still have a older version of Tuner Pro.

trlrider
01-16-2022, 04:45 AM
Hello,

Rick

Wow, glad you found the issue before I started mine up tomorrow. I too still have a older version of Tuner Pro.

persingc
01-17-2022, 10:04 PM
Version 9 now available. A couple new parameters, additional comments, sorting.

kur4o
01-20-2022, 07:28 PM
The 7603 xdf I've contributed to has been pulled based on the creators of LSDroid plans to monetize a tuning app. While they have plausible deny ability they aren't going to use those in this community hard work for their gains I'm skeptical. While I know my file is out in the wild and they probably have some version of it you can thank them for it being pulled.

Edit:

I see the pull is your decision based on not willing your hard work to be used by others.
I am sure it was a hard decision.

Asylumwarp
01-21-2022, 05:22 PM
The 7603 xdf I've contributed to has been pulled based on the creators of LSDroid plans to monetize a tuning app. While they have plausible deny ability they aren't going to use those in this community hard work for their gains I'm skeptical. While I know my file is out in the wild and they probably have some version of it you can thank them for it being pulled.

Don't worry, your hard work of copying someone else's work lasted about as long as you did. No real loss here.

persingc
01-22-2022, 03:49 AM
Don't worry, your hard work of copying someone else's work lasted about as long as you did. No real loss here.

You clearly haven't used it\seen it\compared it to the others if you truly believe that. Based on your history you have contributed exactly nothing....

persingc
01-26-2022, 05:47 AM
I've decided to release.

trlrider
01-30-2022, 06:07 AM
Version 9 now available. A couple new parameters, additional comments, sorting.

confused: other then the OBDX series of dongle/translators, I have never seen Pete or his partners monetize any others work. Must have missed something the last week or two.

persingc
02-11-2022, 03:35 AM
All Parameters in the Testing xdf have been validated. There could still be errors and if you find any please let me know. I'm giving it some time before I merge everything.

persingc
03-08-2022, 04:17 AM
Final build posted.

trlrider
03-08-2022, 09:33 PM
Thank You! Used and older version of your .xdf over the weekend as worked great.
Just downloaded your final build.

persingc
03-09-2022, 03:20 AM
Good deal!