PDA

View Full Version : Moates Awesome Customer Service Experience

Daveo91
11-18-2021, 09:54 AM
Probably not too surprising for most people on here that have worked with Moates before, but just wanted to give a positive review based on some amazing customer service I just received.

I bought my AutoProm some time in 2019. I was still new to tuning then and it took me a long time to build the courage to emulate. When I finally did I noticed some anomalies that I attributed to operator error and stopped using it. Just went back to burning chips. Come 2021, I did my 7427 conversion and I realized burning chips was going to be really inefficient in changing parameters like AE, PE, etc. So I tried using the APU again. Turns out the anomalies were still there and they were not due to operator error. Basically the data stream would just cut out for one or two samples and RPM would drop to zero for a split second. Caused a lot of weird things to happen of course. Moates customer service walked me through several different diagnostics, but they soon came to the conclusion that the problem was with the unit itself so they set me up with an exchange. Super simple, I just boxed up the unit, sent it to them (my dime, but cheap) and as soon as they got it, they sent me a new one. Entire process took just over a week which was pretty amazing considering they're in Louisiana and I'm in Washington state.

Haven't gotten to try it out yet, but I'm optimistic that the replacement will solve my problem.