PDA

View Full Version : not first post 2nd lol I need to know if my TCC lock up should be off?

95stroker
10-25-2021, 07:12 AM
I have a Golen Built 540 HP -495t dyno numbers we put a 2800-3200 rpm stall converter in a pro built (8yrs ago) 4l60e. Ie Shift kit ect . my issue is that i have issues with the 3-4 shift wanting to slip umless I go WOT . my tuner has my TCC enable off as well as the PN switch . Im not worried about the second . but , I am concerned with the TCC lock up being off on an electrically shifted and controlled tranny. Could this be my issue ? I have zero knowledge on the pcm side of the performance of the trans . i have done all the wrench stuff , pan drop filter change . no codes , the filter flush cleaned it up for a couple runs, adjusted the throttle cable (https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=throttle%20cable) and zeroed the tps and set WOT . I realize the 3-4 clutch pack could be done, but never had an issue with my last 440 hp plus 200 shot of nitrous.
my question is TCC lockup on or off?
GOD bless,
Rob

Fast355
10-25-2021, 01:33 PM
I have a Golen Built 540 HP -495t dyno numbers we put a 2800-3200 rpm stall converter in a pro built (8yrs ago) 4l60e. Ie Shift kit ect . my issue is that i have issues with the 3-4 shift wanting to slip umless I go WOT . my tuner has my TCC enable off as well as the PN switch . Im not worried about the second . but , I am concerned with the TCC lock up being off on an electrically shifted and controlled tranny. Could this be my issue ? I have zero knowledge on the pcm side of the performance of the trans . i have done all the wrench stuff , pan drop filter change . no codes , the filter flush cleaned it up for a couple runs, adjusted the throttle cable (https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=throttle%20cable) and zeroed the tps and set WOT . I realize the 3-4 clutch pack could be done, but never had an issue with my last 440 hp plus 200 shot of nitrous.
my question is TCC lockup on or off?
GOD bless,
Rob

Rob,

8 years is a long time for something that I would consider inadequate for that power level especially if this is in a B or D body that sees track use. My 350 Vortec ate the stock 60E in a conservative driven van in 38K. Built a 4L65E and put headers and a mild cam in it and tuned the PCM. 4L65E died in 40K. 65E broke the case on a 3-1 WOT downshift at about 300 rwhp.

95stroker
10-25-2021, 11:01 PM
Thank you for your response . Yes , you are correct as far as 8 years being a while since I had my 4l60e built . There are only 5k miles during that time . I have been preparing to get this stroker project done for the last 3 years . So, the car has been in the garage . So , the fact that I may have blown the 3-4 clutch out the back end on my first “hit” data run is on the table . When at wot it shifts fine , regular driving it shifts through 1-2 every time . The stall range is 2800- 3200 rpm which is the shift pattern for 2-3 , works fine ( 50%) of the time . Not , on the Other half . I was concerned that the TCC lock up on the one off 95 PWM corvette 4l60e may need a deeper trans tune then TCC lock of and line pressure firmed , rpm Shift points . I’ve seen in Tuner Pro that the tables can be adjusted to fine tune issues for proformance cars ( mine is a corvette ) should of mentioned that . Any tuner advice would be greatly appreciated. My eyes are on the Rebuild believe me . I just never have a clutch pack “kinda “ go out . Thanks GOD bless ROB