PDA

View Full Version : AUM 3236 bin file

ZEDRATED
07-13-2012, 04:28 AM
Hi there, I really need a bin file for my stock chip.
AUM 3236
Please email me if you have the bin file.
danm98@hotmail.com

EagleMark
07-13-2012, 05:21 AM
AUM ay?

Tell Robert Saar thank you...

ZEDRATED
07-13-2012, 06:16 AM
What do you mean by ay?

EagleMark
07-13-2012, 07:13 AM
It's a Canandian thing, like AUM hmmm or AUM. I was hanging out with Canadians today, they seem to end sentences with ay... non EFI related sorry to confuse you...

ZEDRATED
07-13-2012, 07:26 AM
LOL. That's funny, ah lol. I'm Italian Canadian soni don't use that ay lol.
Thanks for the bin. Now I have to try to see if I have a problem with my moates adaptor because with a custom bin the cars runs horrible in open loop but good in closed loop and with the stock chip it doesn't run to bad in open loop.
I'll keep you posted lol. Maybe u can help me out. I have an 86 CAMARO with a ZZ4 crate motor with the GM hot cam and a tpis mini ram intake with 30lb injectors. I'll first try the test to make sure my moates adaptor is ok.
Thanks.

Six_Shooter
07-13-2012, 07:47 AM
It's a Canandian thing, like AUM hmmm or AUM. I was hanging out with Canadians today, they seem to end sentences with ay... non EFI related sorry to confuse you...

What the hell is "ay"? "Ay, Ay, Captain!" ("ay" = "eye" or "i"), we say "Eh", pronounced "A".

34blazer
07-13-2012, 08:08 AM
B?

lol

EagleMark
07-13-2012, 08:32 AM
What the hell is "ay"? "Ay, Ay, Captain!" ("ay" = "eye" or "i"), we say "Eh", pronounced "A".Sorry I don't spell very good in Canadian...

I have an 86 CAMARO with a ZZ4 crate motor with the GM hot cam and a tpis mini ram intake with 30lb injectors. And what did you want that bin for? It's so old it's only got three letters, I thought it was for Computer Controlled Carb? :laugh: I really don't know what it's for...

What ECM? Either way you got a lot of work to do...

ZEDRATED
07-13-2012, 02:05 PM
I just wanted to see if the car runs the same with the moats adaptor with that bin burned on the chip to make sure the adaptor is ok. My car runs really rich all the time and runs really bad in open loop with the custom chip. It feels as if their isn't enough spark advance in open loop. With the stock prom it runs just average all the time but very rich. Can you or anyone help me out if I send some data logs and my bin files?
I'm new to this and I have no clue how to change bins.
Can spark advance be changed in open loop in the bin file?
Thanks.

EagleMark
07-13-2012, 03:29 PM
That's a Thirdgen.org car, have you been over there? Lot of good guys with knowledge of those ECMs.

I'm not chasing you away, just giving good advice. Especailly if it's a MAF...

Your motor is no where near stock anymore so stock bin is not going to work well, or at all if it'll run. Only way to get a custom chip done properly is a starter chip and data logging to fine tune. Even if a guy did the identical motor before there is always differences, even stock GM motors have ECM with varibles to cover differences, then there's gears, elevation... not to mention mechaincal issues or who knows if fuel pressure is correct with so many gauges reading differant?

If the car is running good in closed loop but bad in open loop then the fueling is way off, OL runs off what is in fueling table, CL runs off what is in fueling table corrected by O2 sensor feedback. With the LT4 HotCam compared to stock there will be MAP or MAF differences in fueling demands.

ZEDRATED
07-13-2012, 03:58 PM
That makes sense but how come when I plug my custom chip in with the moates adapto it runs horrible in open loop but when I just plug my original prom in it doesn't run that bad in open loop. Doesn't run perfect but not horrible like with the moates adaptor with the custom chip. That's why I want to burn the stock bin on my custom chip with the adaptor and see if it runs the same as the stock prom plugged in. Just to confirm that the moates adaptor is not damaged. Can you recommend anyone who will look at my logs and tune the bin file? I can data log and I have the burn2 chip burner.
Thanks.

1project2many
07-13-2012, 04:28 PM
Somebody made the wrong changes to the custom cal, or else it's not for the car the way it's built now. You're probably better off making your own custom calibration.

Sorry I don't spell very good in Canadian...
'Bout time they got their own language. Somebody lent 'em English and they went and added "Eh" to everything.

ZEDRATED
07-13-2012, 04:38 PM
I did get it custom made for my setup from pcmforless.com and after many data logs to them they still couldn't get it to run good in open loop. The car runs way better in closed loop with the custom chip but still seems to run really rich with the 30lb injectors. I know I have the converter punched out and that makes the exhaust smell but the exhaust smells too much like raw fuel and sometimes the exhaust is black when you hammer the throttle. I hate it that the car only has one O2 sensor one the left header. No measurement is take from the right side of the engine. I'm almost thinking of welding the fitting for the O2 sensor where the Y pipe meets up into one but I'm worried that it might not get hot enough that far down.

EagleMark
07-13-2012, 04:39 PM
That makes sense but how come when I plug my custom chip in with the moates adapto it runs horrible in open loop but when I just plug my original prom in it doesn't run that bad in open loop.
Thanks.That's really sad a stock chip works better then a custom chip... I'm not a gambling man but I'd bet on the Moates adapter being fine as there's not much to it, and the problem is the custom chip.

We all try to help with logs and tuning right here if you want to learn, we all learn and expand our knowledge doing this. You would have to post your bin, XDF, ADX and a log here to start so we have something to work with.

If you wanted to hire someone then ask, it is allowed for members that contribute here to do so. Look at their post count, PMs from low post counts on new members should be reported and are always banned cause they don't help others in the community and could be another snake oil saleman like the custom chip you got...

If you paid for a custom chip that does not work you should get a refund or a replacement chip that works!

ZEDRATED
07-13-2012, 04:49 PM
Well like I said they did try with me burning 3 different bins and still the same in open loop. So they did give me a refund. I want to just hire someone and get the right bin made for my car and I will burn it. I ran out of data logging with TTS data master as they only allow 20. Does tuner pro give you unlimited data logging or is their any other free program that does. I don't want to spend another $100 on tts data master.
Thanks.

EagleMark
07-13-2012, 05:28 PM
If you went through three bins and no improvement, and the tuner was experienced then it could be a mechanical issue? Fuel pressure, vacuum leak, faulty part and the list goes on. Can't tune out a mechanical issue.

Even with no mechanical issues your not going to click a button to tune this. It takes 100s of hours to learn and tune, even after 1000s of hours you are still learning and it never ends. If you don't have time or desire this is not a skill worth seeking.

With that said and you would rather pay for the car to be tuned I would suggest a local tuner, hands on. They will be able to diagnose a mechanical issue very quickly and proceed to tune. Very rarely do I work on a old car, conversion or built motor that I don't find something wrong with. Actually only once and it was for owner/Tech of a repair shop.

TunerPro RT is free to try and $39. to buy. It's superior software that does any car that has definitions written for which are also free with no limitations. Since it does more then a $1000 program we all support the $39 fee and avoid helping anyone that doesn't...

Six_Shooter
07-13-2012, 07:24 PM
Tuner Pro is unlimited use.

I've datalogged thousands of times, (if not at least high hundreds ;)) and never had to pay an extra penny. It's more than worth the $39 registration donation. Mark has made an excellent program and keeps improving it.

EagleMark
07-13-2012, 07:41 PM
Don't forget it also makes the changes needed in bin file, burns to chip as well as data logs all in one program! Unlimited in hundreds of cars!

ZEDRATED
07-15-2012, 03:51 AM
OK, thank you both very much for your help.
If the car had a mechanical problem them I can't understand why it doesn't run that bad in open loop with the stock prom. When I put the custom bin with the moates adaptor it runs horrible in open loop and when I load up the engine, even with the A/C it bogs out and wants to shut off. Doesn't do this with the stock prom. That's why I find it hard to believe that it is a mechanical problem. What do you think?