PDA

View Full Version : Any JavaScript guys?

EagleMark
07-09-2012, 09:38 PM
Anyone good with Javascript?

I've got some HTML forms built and basic code for conversion calculaters, but can't get it to work and think I'm missing like a lib script? Or not calling the script I have correctly, but it does not look complete like others I have worked with? But then again I don't do java...

historystamp
07-09-2012, 10:01 PM
I've programmed in JavaScript awhile back. Still have my JavaScript book.

I've now managed to change my play copy of BitHoist so it has 71 minor errors and 366 major errors. I'll have to go back to my yesterdays backup. I think I'm ready to "improve" something else.

as they say:
-- i have some time too look at it [ notice the wording "look at" ]
-- Show source code as they say.

You got a link?

You got a good page?

You got a before you before you changed the page & the changed page?

Robert

EagleMark
07-10-2012, 12:07 AM
I'll put something together for you to look at.

Side note I did add Bihoist link to links bar on HTML side and link in forum. Did some HTML work on yhour page.

Weather is good, getting some outside work done but paying work is slow so I'm doing website stuff in summer... :mad1:

jim_in_dorris
07-10-2012, 08:21 AM
Hi Mark, I teach HTML, JavaScript, CSS and XML so I may be able to help also. If Robert doesn't have time or whatever, feel free to ask for help. I don't mind volunteering a little time to help out, and I figure I bug you guys enough I ought to do something in return.

Jim

EagleMark
07-10-2012, 08:49 AM
Really? I learned HTML the hard way before software, was great knowledge so I could fix what software did later. Took 13 courses at North Idaho Collage in 1998, 1999 and 2000, at 40 it was hard going back to school... know CSS, some CGI, PHP, catching up to XML and about the only thing I can do with JavaScript is cut and paste! :laugh: Couple courses short ay...

I reserched this today and found some software that converts Excel SpreadSheets to HTML and JS so they work online. So I may buy it and convert everything we have for tuning to online version? Then learn Excel so I can make some other calculaters we always need, which is what I was trying today...

Thanks guys, I'll get this rough draft posted up and maybe you can make it work. Forms, tables and HTML I'm good at.

historystamp
07-10-2012, 07:44 PM
I can help out with the JavaScript.

I'll look over what you have. We can involve jim_in_dorris (http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/member.php?174-jim_in_dorris) in scoping out the project or fathoming out parts I don't understand. I understand parts of CSS -- Enough to make changes with JavaScript.

Actually, JavaScript language is the easiest part. It's trying to figure out how things interact between JavaScript, HTML, web browser, and CSS.

--------------------------------------------------------------

know CSS, some CGI, PHP, catching up to XML and about the only thing I can do with JavaScript is cut and paste

My main javascript experience was converting one persons cut & paste JavaScript enabled Dance camp form to another Dance Camp form signup page. I had to delete much cut & paste stuff and re-code. [ The paste part leads to things sticking where they should not. ]

I reserched this today and found some software that converts Excel SpreadSheets to HTML and JS so they work online.

Google has Google docs online. It's free. It includes a spreadsheet, doesn't it?

Perhaps you could wipe up another thread with an excel sheet and ask if someone wanted to try it out in Google Docs. I think you have to save the data in Googles cloud.

Then learn Excel so I can make some other calculaters we always need, which is what I was trying today...

I have the 2004 version of Office.

Took a community college course in word processing, spreadsheets, and a database in the days of DOS.