PDA

View Full Version : EFI Tuner

djmac
08-30-2021, 03:23 AM
Hi To All,

I have an 82 Jeep J10 with a naturally aspirated 600 HP Ford Big block in it with a GM 1227730 ECM. A couple of years ago I was working with a tuner via Email to zero in the fuel mapping but life got in the way and I had to let the Jeep set for a couple of years but now I really want to get back and to it get it finished. So what I am looking for is someone in the Detroit area that is familiar with the GM EFI setup and would work with me to tune my truck, obviously for a fee. I am very familiar with burning the chips and it's been a while since I used the Moates software but I could get back into it if I had to provide the files. What would be even better if I could fine someone who is close enough where I could drop the truck off to be tuned in their shop or garage. If this sounds doable to or if anyone has any other ideas I would be glad to consider them.
Thanks,
Dan

In-Tech
08-30-2021, 04:46 AM
Hi To All,

I have an 82 Jeep J10 with a naturally aspirated 600 HP Ford Big block in it with a GM1227730 ECM. A couple of years ago I was working with a tuner via Email to zero in the fuel mapping but life got in the way and I had to let the Jeep set for a couple of years but now I really want to get back and to it get it finished. So what I am looking for is someone in the Detroit area that is familiar with the GM EFI setup and would work with me to tune my truck, obviously for a fee. I am very familiar with burning the chips and it's been a while since I used the Moates software but I could get back into it if I had to provide the files. What would be even better if I could fine someone who is close enough where I could drop the truck off to be tuned in their shop or garage. If this sounds doable to or if anyone has any other ideas I would be glad to consider them. Thanks,
Dan

Hi Dan, if you can't find your original tuner, I would be glad to help via phone and email. It sounds like you have a pretty good grasp of what it takes. PM or post here :)

djmac
08-30-2021, 05:57 AM
Hi Dan, if you can't find your original tuner, I would be glad to help via phone and email. It sounds like you have a pretty good grasp of what it takes. PM or post here :)

Carl, thanks for reaching out. What tuner software do you prefer?

In-Tech
08-30-2021, 06:32 PM
Hiya Dan, I generally use TunerCat for the obd1 stuff. I've known John(TC) since the early 90's.

djmac
10-04-2022, 01:06 AM
D
Hiya Dan, I generally use TunerCat for the obd1 stuff. I've known John(TC) since the early 90's.

Carl,
It's been quite a while since we talked but I finally able to focus on my truck and got my overheating issues resolved Are you still in a position to give me a hand tuning this beast? I checked the timing set the idle and adjusted the TPS so I think I am in pretty good shape to give it a shot.

Thanks
Dan

dave w
10-04-2022, 06:34 AM
Gearhead-efi link for 1227730 information: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?394-1227727-1227730-ECM-Information-8D

Log File Analyzer is a good tool for fuel mapping.

djmac
10-05-2022, 03:32 AM
Gearhead-efi link for 1227730 information: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?394-1227727-1227730-ECM-Information-8D

Log File Analyzer is a good tool for fuel mapping.
Thank you. I will check it out.

dave w
10-06-2022, 01:15 AM
Thank you. I will check it out.

Updated Log File Analyzer thread: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?10276-Log-Analyzer-Quick-Tuner-Tuning-Made-Easy&p=90693#post90693