PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Rayar66
08-27-2021, 05:24 AM
5.3 with sloppy stage 2 cam and 4L60E in a 2000 S10. New to tuning except for a piggy back on a twin Turbo Stealth. Trying tunerpro and PCM hammer but will probably end up with a terminator X.

In-Tech
08-27-2021, 07:03 AM
5.3 with sloppy stage 2 cam and 4L60E in a 2000 S10. New to tuning except for a piggy back on a twin Turbo Stealth. Trying tunerpro and PCM hammer but will probably end up with a terminator X.
I've tuned plenty of Holley's with success. But why give up on a beautiful computer that GM spent millions of dollars make happen to use some junk aftermarket crap. Spend the money on software to do 2 or 3 bar with what you have and also have the best knock control the world has ever experienced. The holley is fairly user friendly but has nowhere near the power of the stock ecm once you spend the time to do stuff with it. my dos centavos :)

Rayar66
08-27-2021, 07:25 AM
What I don't like about HP tuner is all of the licensing fees associated with it. A minor screw up could cost you another $100. Tuner pro will work for my mild combo and pretty much anything if I stay NA. Boost might be in the plan but not sure yet, cross that bridge when I get there.

In-Tech
08-27-2021, 07:33 AM
I'm with ya, I don't mind buying a license once in a while, whether HPT or EfiLive but once I pay the Snapon tool guy I don't want to pay again :innocent2: Plenty of us have done plenty of things here and you are in a good place to get help if you need it.

Rayar66
08-27-2021, 10:53 AM
I am sure I will have plenty of questions. Watching lots of videos on line and think I have a start up tune figured out, still a little lost on fine tuning, know I will need a wide band and a way to data log. Will take some time to sort out I am sure