PDA

View Full Version : Finished my 747 to 427 pin swap, got a few questions

CDeeZ
07-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Well I repined my 747 harness to the 427 plugs. I have a couple questions.

*3 knock sensor, is this wire just left unplugged/unpinned since the knock circuitry is changed with the new PCM?

*5 I can also just leave unplugged since its for an auto, and the newer PCM doesn't use it right?

*7 Crank signal, again, just leave this wire unplugged/unpinned?

These are the three wires remaining from my pin swap… What do I do with them?

Some of the pins themselves got bent during the transfer from one plug to another… I tried to straighten them up and even replaced a few with some spare pins I had laying around….. Will it be pretty obvious which one, if any need fixed from being bent?? I tried to be careful, but still ended up bending a couple..

CDeeZ
07-05-2012, 11:44 PM
Well the conversion is done but the truck idles like crap. Haven't even tried to drive it since it idles so rough.

I CAN'T connect to the PCM with my laptop now that I've done the conversion... I tested with a 6395 PCM, and loaded the .xdf and .adx files onto my laptop but still got nothing when trying to scan....

What am I doing wrong here?

EagleMark
07-05-2012, 11:52 PM
If you have a V8 memcal in it should read data even if bad. I'm not sure what cable you have for data logging but 7747 is 160 baud on pin E of ALDL port and 97427 is 8192 baud on pin M of ALDL port. Don't know how the conversion deals with this. Most cables have E and M tied together as only one is used at a time.

CDeeZ
07-05-2012, 11:59 PM
AFAIK, all my PCMs are from V8s, so they should all have V8 MEMCALS.

Using an ALDL cable from Moates...

What do I need to do to my ALDL plug after the conversion? Anything?

EagleMark
07-06-2012, 12:03 AM
Yup, you posted the answer in other thread. Move orange data wire from pin E to pin M.