PDA

View Full Version : Just a new guy trying to ls swap his squarebody

Taylorbickett
07-16-2021, 04:44 PM
Hey guys! I致e got an 84 c10 that I知 swapping a 5.3l dbw & p59 ecu so I can have cruise. Using the th350 that came in it until I find a decent deal on a 4l80e.

motor will be stock until this winter when I知 doing a cam swap. At that time I知 sure I値l have to go with hp tuners for tuning but for now I壇 like to get things segment swapped, vats deleted, and some codes turned off.

anyway just doing my intro post. I知 excited to learn more!

dave w
07-16-2021, 05:26 PM
:welcome:

Gearhead-efi link for OBD2 tuning information: http://gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/forumdisplay.php?32-OBDII-Tuning

dave w

1project2many
07-18-2021, 04:13 PM
Welcome to the forum!

motor will be stock until this winter when I’m doing a cam swap. At that time I’m sure I’ll have to go with hp tuners for tuning but for now I’d like to get things segment swapped, vats deleted, and some codes turned off.

Interesting. What features would you be looking to get form HPTuners that cannot be found in other software?

B52Bombardier1
07-18-2021, 07:02 PM
Yes, exactly? What is so attractive to HP Tuners that you can't do with Tuner Pro RT? For free, with TPRT!!!

Rick

Taylorbickett
07-19-2021, 06:19 PM
Yes, exactly? What is so attractive to HP Tuners that you can't do with Tuner Pro RT? For free, with TPRT!!!

Rick

Interesting, I guess I was told I couldn’t tune much pass stock. I guess I won’t need hpt. Definitely have a lot of learning to do for sure!