PDA

View Full Version : View/Edit xdf header info

sachem
07-02-2021, 04:23 AM
Good evening all,
I am trying to set up data acquisition and when I go to the tab XDF -View/Edit xdf header info, a box pops up asking for a password.
Should that be or did I inadvertently log a password that I don't remember. How do I get past this?

Thanks
Tom

B52Bombardier1
07-02-2021, 04:44 AM
I think you need to be looking for an "ADX" file for data acquisition / logging, not an XDF. The XDF files are generally password protected by their creator to protect the intellectual property that went into building the XDF. Yes, there are a few XDF files that are not password protected but not many.

Rick

sachem
07-02-2021, 05:24 PM
I have an add file that I downloaded from this site. I was reading the section on data acquisition and part of the tutorial say to open XDF -View/Edit xdf header info, a box pops up asking for a password.

steveo
07-03-2021, 06:03 PM
the xdf doesn't have anything to do with datalogging except for data tracing.

data tracing is a thing some people find useful that draws a blob over certain tables while you're reviewing a log so you can more easily tell what area of a table to modify for a certain data point.

i've personally never used it

you can log data with no xdf loaded

sachem
07-09-2021, 04:14 AM
the xdf doesn't have anything to do with datalogging except for data tracing.

data tracing is a thing some people find useful that draws a blob over certain tables while you're reviewing a log so you can more easily tell what area of a table to modify for a certain data point.

i've personally never used it

you can log data with no xdf loaded

Sorry for the delayed response, I was reading the tutorial about data tracing when I came across the issue of a password. I'm trying to figure out how to use the data log & data acquisition feature. I cannot seem to get data logging to work.
I have the ELM327 OBDII interface plug in, but nothing seems to be working and I have the OBDX pro and also OBD link MX+. I'm trying to figure out why I can't get the car to idle and what tables do I have to modify to correct this issue.
I do have a cam, the duration @ .050 is 230 int/ 235 exh.